Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Night of Champions preview

Read on for what I'd do for tonight's WWE PPV.

Pre-show:
- If Christian's 100%, I see no reason not to have him announce his comeback on the Peep Show. WWE really needs some credible faces right now with no Bryan, Punk, RVD, Jericho (after tonight), or Reigns. I might even have Christian announce he's focused on finally being the face of WWE. If his WWE career's winding down, they might as well make the most of it. Also, The Authority makes it known they have it out for Jericho tonight.

Night of Champions:
- Brie prevents Nikki from becoming champion, because I'll be damned if I'd put the Divas' Title in the Brie/Nikki feud. Nikki tries to cheat to win, but ends up becoming fodder for a RamPaige when Brie comes to ringside. Stephanie and Nikki put the screws to Brie to build to a match at HIAC. If that gets over well enough, they can do a gimmick match to blow it off at Survivor Series. Brie vs. Nikki has been built as pretty important, so it could warrant going that long IF it's good for business. If it bombs, wrap it up at HIAC and move on to something else.

AJ has to compete in a #1 Contenders' match to get a rematch at HIAC, in a triple threat with Naomi and Cameron. Paige ensures AJ loses to Naomi. Since Paige has already beaten Naomi, she assumes it's an easy win. Naomi begs to differ and shows real fire on the road to HIAC. I think from there I'd have Paige beat Naomi, then Natalya in feuds. She gets cocky and eventually feuds with Emma, whom she writes off as just a dancer or whatever. I'd probably have Emma beat Paige after an awesome feud, and maybe Emma faces Charlotte after WM31? I guess AJ can feud with Cameron after losing the #1 Contendership match. They can go back to AJ vs. Paige later. Right now, I think the two have feuded enough to where it needs a break.

- I'd have Sheamus win a hard-fought match with Cesaro that looks like it could go either way. Cesaro gets desperate and tries to cheat to win, and that's his downfall. Cesaro digs down deep and vows to beat Sheamus in a rematch at HIAC. The end goal is Cesaro winning and setting up the main roster debut of Sami Zayn. I'd probably have Cesaro vs. Swagger for the title before then.

- Ziggler beats Miz, because there's really no reason for him not to. I wouldn't mind a Ziggler/Sandow feud afterward, but who's going to buy Sandow as a credible threat now? I like the idea of Big E, Kofi, and Xavier Woods as a heel faction going for the tag team and IC gold, but I don't think we're there just yet. Maybe R-Truth wants the gold for himself after being Ziggler's partner? They could keep it as a rivalry of faces, I think. Or Curtis Axel could try to make his name as a singles competitor with Ryback out. Or Tyson Kidd could show how impressive he's been in NXT. There are a number of options. I think I'd go with R-Truth to make a nice segue into Xavier trying to do what Truth can't in taking the IC Title from Ziggler.

- I think the end goal for Stardust and Goldust is a brother vs. brother feud at WM31. It's something Goldust has pitched in the past, and I think he could be ready to hang up the boots by then. I eventually want to see The Usos vs. The Ascension, too, but that shouldn't be for the titles right out of the gate for the NXT duo. The Usos have been champs for a good while, so I think it might be good to shake things up here. Stardust and Goldust take advantage of the knee injury via dastardly means to become the new champs. The Usos rest up for the rematch at HIAC, and we start the countdown for The Ascension arriving on the main roster to feud with them.

- Since Reigns vs. Rollins can't happen, I'd replace it with Big Show vs. Bray Wyatt. Show fights off the Wyatts with a chair, for now...

- Rusev wins a war with Henry. I think I'd have Lana get involved somehow to give Henry an out for a rematch.

- Jericho puts up a fight, but ultimately becomes the next victim to Orton, Rollins, and Kane. This enables him to go off and do Fozzy stuff while getting heat on The Authority. Before Jericho can be put through cinderblocks or whatever, Dean Ambrose's music plays to set up his return at Raw. The final chapter of Rollins vs. Ambrose (for now) is inside Hell in a Cell.

- I think it's pretty obvious at this point that I'd have Brock beat Cena again. Brock announces WWE conquered and HHH decides it's best for business for Brock to remain champion, so he gets HIAC off. Cena doesn't give up, so he challenges The Authority to give him another chance. The only way he can get another one is by beating Randy Orton inside Hell in a Cell. Orton forces HHH to make himself #1 Contender if he beats Cena, in line with him being tired of playing second fiddle to people like Rollins, Kane, HHH, and Brock. I don't like seeing Cena vs. Orton again, either, but there aren't many top faces left to challenge Brock and I'd rather see that than Big Show squashing the Wyatts and challenging Lesnar. This would lead to Orton turning face vs. Brock at Survivor Series.

HIAC lineup:
Divas Title: Paige vs. Naomi
U.S. Title: Sheamus vs. Cesaro
IC Title: Ziggler vs. R-Truth
Tag Team Titles: Stardust and Goldust vs. The Usos
Mark Henry vs. Rusev
HIAC match: Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins
HIAC match to determine the new #1 Contender to the WWE Title: Randy Orton vs. John Cena

No comments:

Post a Comment