Total Pageviews

Monday, September 22, 2014

WWE Night of Champions Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE PPV.
Kickoff:
I liked the serious analysis of Cena vs. Lesnar. Should be awesome!

Good Goldust/Stardust/Booker segment. I'm liking the heel turn so far. This has potential.

Nice promo from AJ. I hope that match is good.

I wonder how much longer we'll be seeing Christian around, since he's not cleared yet. WWE could just run his contract out like they're supposedly doing for Rey. That'd be two more former World Champions gone from the fold (but with their injury histories, they've more or less been gone for a while now anyway). Jericho vs. Orton is whatever. I want to see Orton vs. Lesnar next.

I think WWE made a mistake in not announcing what changes to the card will be made with Reigns out while they had the pre-show on. Does Rollins have a new opponent? Is a new match added? Are they still trying to figure that out?

Night of Champions:
Great opening match! I'm excited for the new tag team champs. I think the Usos looked fine in defeat, and there's definitely potential for a rematch. Good work all around.

Not a bad Ziggler promo. Miz's current gimmick is a step up from what he was doing before the filming, but he's still a long way from being the guy who headlined WrestleMania.

Really awesome match between Cesaro and Sheamus. Sheamus works really hard, and Cesaro is a top technician. It makes for a solid combination. I hope both men do awesome things from here.

I liked the Henry/Show segment. I hope it's not setting up a Show heel turn or something. That'd be really lame. The focus needs to be on Rusev going forward, and getting good performances out of what's left of Henry's career.

I'm not looking forward to Florida-Georgia Line on commentary. WWE can get too heavy with stuff not about the superstars and their feuds. I think it definitely turns some fans away.

BBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Miz and Ziggler worked way too hard for the booking to be that bad. I hope WWE gets whatever press they wanted from the band interfering, because the focus was taken away from Miz and Ziggler fighting for the title. Actually, maybe I hope they don't get any press from it and it stops them from doing so many angles with people outside the wrestling world. If it grows the audience, that's one thing. But how often is that the rule and not the exception?

This is definitely a suitable replacement for no Roman Reigns! I hope they "save" enough for concluding things inside Hell in a Cell.

Ambrose and Rollins are nuts with the bumps they pull off. I appreciate the work, but it's pretty dangerous. They've got a pretty high bar for their next match. I hope they're ready.

I loved the pre-match for Henry vs. Rusev. This could be amazing!!

I was a LITTLE disappointed with Henry vs. Rusev. The story of the match was really good, but it was missing something. I hope we're in for another round, but I'm not so sure. I can't complain with them building Rusev as a big deal. He's still got growing to do as a competitor, but he's been unstoppable as a character and I hope they ride it for all it's worth.

Orton vs. Jericho was astounding! Both men really gave it their all, and I'm glad they used Jericho to build Orton. I'd rather Wyatt be getting a big push, but Orton's pretty solid in his own right and they can use him as a top face if they turn him.

Fine enough Brie promo, but I doubt I'm ever going to be excited for the Bellas feuding.

Another title change!? I didn't see that coming, for sure. The action was all pretty good, showing the Divas can deliver when given a chance. I'm actually glad we didn't end up with Brie interfering. AJ and Paige are great, and I hope both of them continue to be successful. Nikki was quite solid here, too.

I loved the action of Brock vs. Cena, but the ending fell a bit flat. It did what it was designed to do, though, so I can't complain too much. Brock is an absolute monster, and it's cool to see him wreck Cena. Cena's one hell of a wrestler himself. He just has to be put in the right scenario for it to really shine.

Kind of an odd ending to the show, but it really gives them some fun things to play with. Rollins and Ambrose as legitimate title contenders could be really fun. Dissension between Lesnar and the Authority could be fun as well. It's all just a matter of how WWE plays it out.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment