Total Pageviews

Monday, September 1, 2014

NXT and Superstars Reax - 8/28/14

Read on for my thoughts on Thursday's NXT and Superstars.

NXT:
Squashes continue for The Ascension. Until they get some opponents to have longer matches with, they're not really going to be able to grow all that much.

I'm ready for the challengers to take the gold. I like The Ascension, but they've gotten as far as they can as champs.

Regal's the perfect GM for NXT given his role behind-the-scenes.

I like that WWE got right to business with that segment instead of having a long promo with Regal. I think the four-way will be amazing.

Good use of Regal to put over the main events (for Takeover and this show). I think authority figures should generally just be used to move the story along instead of being the focal point of segments themselves.

Not a bad match at all between Bayley and Sasha Banks. Sasha's markedly improved from her first days in NXT. Bayley remains impressive. I hope both have great futures on the main roster.

Pretty good Bayley/Charlotte segment. I'm definitely ready for their match.

That was a better promo from Dempsey. I'm more than OK with him wrecking Mojo, but both of them need to put on a strong performance after so-so starts.

Dempsey's impressive as a big guy who just squashes left and right. I'm sure he'll get a shot on the main roster at some point as their next big guy experiment once they get all they can out of Rusev.

I wonder what the loser of the hair match will look like when we next see him.

That was a really good main event! Everyone looked like they have what it takes to make it on the main roster. It's just going to take more time and fine-tuning for some of them to be as good as they can be.

I liked the post-match. How much longer can they really keep Zayn in NXT? I figure that's why they haven't made him Champion yet.

Superstars:
The second (taped first) Rose/Axel match of the week was good.

I'm already ready for something other than Brie vs. Nikki. I don't anticipate it being that good of a match. That said, it's probably to appeal to the "Total Divas" fans instead of the core WWE audience. Bleh.

Good little match between Fandango and R-Truth. Both are pretty solid performers.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment