Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 27, 2014

New announcer welcomed, Interviews with Edge/Wale/Eugene, Sheamus charity, Darren Young comeback video, first match set for BFG, and Questions on Molly Holly in the Hall, Brock not being a fighting champion, a Sting documentary, and Johnny Jeter

Renee Young welcomed the former Arda Ocal to WWE. I'm excited to them being together again.

Edge touched on wrestling in a recent interview. He's pretty content to be living life outside of wrestling, and I don't see that changing.

Sheamus granted a Make-A-Wish wish before a recent live event. That's great!

Darren Young put out a comeback video. That was pretty impressive! Working with Titus was the best thing to happen for him post-Nexus. I don't know how well he can do as a singles star, but I'm glad he's motivated.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Rapper Wale talked about the current state of WWE. He's not the only one disappointed with some areas of WWE lately, particularly the focus on "Total Divas" stuff.


Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore talked about working at the WWE Performance Center. It's pretty weird seeing him as himself on a WWE video, acknowledging his role as Eugene. Dinsmore has an impressive wrestling acumen. I think he's a good pick to work there.

Samoa Joe will defend the X-Division Championship against Low Ki and Kaz Hayashi in a three-way dance at Bound For Glory. I don't anticipate this being a major PPV from a storyline perspective, but could provide some solid TNA/Wrestle-1 action.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Sure! She did pretty well for herself during her time there, so I think they'll get around to her eventually.

2. The Authority can bend the rules the way they see fit. If they think having Brock as champion without defending is "best for business", they'll do whatever they want to keep the title on him. It's fine for the heel characters to be hypocrites.

3. Definitely! I wouldn't be surprised if they were already thinking of putting it together.

4. I think they underestimated how much content they had ready to go, but I think they're also saving some stuff for later so people have to keep subscribing to see everything they want to see. I don't see that as a bad thing.

5. Three members of the Spirit Squad reunited for CHIKARA, but other than that I haven't heard anything about him. He was considered a hot prospect in the OVW days.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment