Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Smackdown Reax - 9/12/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.
I liked the opening eight-man tag well enough. It was good to use Henry and Show in more supporting roles while the younger names showed what they can do.

I really liked The Authority segment. They're a functional team for now.

Really good segment/match with Bo. He's been rather effective at getting heat (which is his goal). Zeb's still a great talker, and Gabriel's still a solid hand who's stuck in the undercard.

Fine post-match to keep the feud going. Swagger vs. Bo should be good. I think they can have Bo lose and still be booked well. Generally it makes sense to have the new talent go over, but Swagger needs some momentum.

That was a pretty good match between Paige and Summer Rae. I'm sure they'd do amazing work in a longer match. Paige winning with AJ's submission was pretty clever.

Really good post-match. There have definitely been worse Divas' feuds.

I'm not generally a fan of arm-wrestling segments. I think everyone involved made the most they could out of it, though. Rusev vs. Henry should be pretty intense.

Really good, intense Jericho promo. It's a shame he's only around every so often.

This stunt double thing's kind of weird, but I was entertained by Ziggler having Truth make it a tag match.

I really liked the tag match. Oddly, Sandow has been booked so badly that this might actually be a rung higher on the ladder. Obviously he's still a long way from where he used to be, but being Miz #2 isn't as bad as being an astronaut.

Quite the odd Divas segment, but it made sense with all the characters involved. I really hope we're not in for Nikki winning the title. Nikki vs. Brie has enough heat and prominence without throwing the title in the mix.

I mostly liked the main event. Everyone there works well. Night of Champions should have some pretty good encounters.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment