Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Raw Reax - 9/15/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
I wasn't too crazy about the opening segment, but I think both men had strong performances. Cena has definitely been in MUCH worse segments and promos.

Silly segment with Cena and Heyman, but it was fine for what it was. Brock destroying Khali would be great.

That was a pretty good match between Jericho and Kane. Both men are pretty talented.

I know that feel, Heyman. I hate trying to get reception sometimes.

I like the idea for Henry's segments tonight.

Not a bad Reigns promo. Their match should be pretty good.

Good match between Swagger and Bo. That was the right ending for the feud. I hope it's not over for Bo. I don't see him getting a big push, but they can do good things with him.

Fine Divas match to set the stage for Sunday. I'm ready for something new from the feud after this title match.

Good enough post-match to set up the title match for Sunday.

Really good Wyatt promo. I hope he does beat Show.

Oooh. Brock's not going to like Khali breaking Heyman's phone.

Well, at least Show didn't pin Wyatt clean. I think Wyatt should be pushed ahead of the guy who's been in main events since the WCW days.

Hopefully Rowan and Harper get their heat back. I'm really tired of Big Show standing tall.

Really solid six-man tag match. Night of Champions should be a pretty good show.

Seeing Christian and Jericho should be fun.

I liked the Orton promo well enough. It still seems odd to do Orton vs. Jericho after the feud with Wyatt.

I really enjoyed the Cena/Lesnar segment, but I think it should have closed the show. Heyman's been good at getting under Cena's skin.

Cameron vs. Naomi was fine enough for what it was. I'm ready to see another breakout performance from Naomi. Maybe she can challenge Paige next?

That was a good enough tag match to continue the build to Sunday. Miz vs. Ziggler could be quite good.

Good Rollins promo to set the heat for their match tonight. Why are they doing this match now and not Sunday?

Pretty good match between Rollins and Reigns. I'm not really sure why the PPV match was on free TV, but the action itself was good.

That Henry/Rusev segment was really good and intense, but Cena/Lesnar should have been the end of things. No knock on Henry or Rusev, as their work was quite solid.

More wrestling coming up.

2 comments:

  1. Your thoughts on this article on Reigns? By the way, I also agree about Wyatt and how he should be booked to upend Big Show. Big Show is at the downside of his career and Wyatt is on the rise, especially after downing Jericho. The last thing he needs is a "feud" with a 42 year-old.

    http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0917/581102/former-wwe-head-trainer-says-roman-reigns-isnt-ready-to-take-on/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think there's any arguing with Dr. Tom. He knows his stuff. From a technical standpoint, I don't see Reigns as being a true top guy at this stage. On that level, it would definitely make more sense for Bryan or Cesaro to be the one dethroning Brock. I'd support either if the push was right and they rose to the occasion.

    But I can see why Vince and company would be high on Roman. He has a solid look and lineage. It's entirely subjective, and I don't necessarily think he could be "the next Cena", but I'm also not totally against the idea of pushing him as the guy to beat Brock. He's certainly being booked well, and WWE needs a new top guy.

    I try to be fair to Big Show. I have nothing against him personally and appreciate how valuable he is to the company. He's given a lot to wrestling in many roles over the years. I've just seen him for so long do pretty much the same thing and I'm ready for the torch to be passed.

    ReplyDelete