Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 6, 2020

Dynamite Reax - 8/5/20

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Dynamite.
- 12-man tag:
Nice tag story early.

I like the dynamic of FTR and the Bucks teaming.

Haha the babyfaces are doing a lot of tagging. AEW has established this division well.

The story here is being developed well. Multiple characters have clear motivations, like Colt not being as "integrated" into the Order.

I'm enjoying this overall.

Man, poor Five is getting worked.

Uh-oh. The Order might be able to turn things around now.

Wow Colt are you in this match or not??

Hell of a tag match here.

I'm impressed with Page. He's continuing to grow.

Page vs. Brodie is fun.

VINTAGE Young Bucks. That's what the AEW audience wants!

Ahhhhh good ending.

- Moxley promo:
OK I REALLY like the comparisons between these two.

And I really like Moxley being arrogant enough to think he'll end Allin's career. It's not bland heroic babyface vs. generic heel here.

- Ortiz/Santana vs. Friends:
Solid story early.

Nice mesh of teams here, and I like that they're clearly defined with their styles.

Again, really solid tag work.

They're delivering all around here.

Surprise ending.

- MJF promo:
They continue to put this guy on a pedestal. I hope he can handle the inevitable fall from this level of a push at a young age.

- Hardy/Sammy:
Hmmmmmm. I like Matt wanting to get away from the cartoony stuff. It wore out its welcome quickly.

I like the hardcore action here.

Wow. Sammy's showing a real brutal side here.

Pretty badass moment to re-establish Guevara.

- Santana/Ortiz:
AHHHHHHHH I love it!!!

- Cody/Cardona vs. Silver/Reynolds:
It's nice to get a break from the TNT Open Challenge.

Nice to see Matt wrestle again.

Pretty old school work here.

Wow, for a match that isn't a Cody singles match, we're getting a lot of Cody.

I liked that ending.

- Post-match:
Now that's a good idea.

- Debate:
I love the use of the CNN assets.

WOWWWWWWWWWW very cool cameo. This is surreal.

As glad as I am to see Bischoff, it's seemingly just an excuse for another long Jericho promo.

This is bad. They REALLY need to rein in Jericho. His act is very out of place on a show focused on young, emerging talent.

OK that was a good way to have Cassidy finally speak.

Jericho makes this show worse every time he gets a mic.

It is cool to see Jericho and Bischoff together again.

That was a good Hager beatdown.

- Baker/Reba:
Hahaha I like that idea.

- Swole vs. Reba:
This was what it was.

- Mox vs. Darby:
Allin's a character, that's for sure.

Oh I love this already.

Violent as expected.

I think Allin's really got something, and Moxley is coming into his own as a top guy.

I like how these two work together.

Very impressive.

Christ MJF ruining things as usual.

Pretty solid all around.

Really great.

Hell of a match overall. Maybe Allin can take MJF's place.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment