Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Impact Wrestling Reax - 8/11/20

 Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

- EY/Mack:

I LOVE this. Mack isn't out to be the better competitor. He's out to hurt the man who made his partner retire.

This is very good.

Both men looked strong here. Very glad to see Young featured.

- Mack vs. EY:

I'm enjoying this. Wrestling is often missing this physicality in the name of doing impressive sequences.

I like EY's vicious side.

Mack is establishing himself well against the former champion.

Mack DOES NOT CARE if he gets DQ'd. This isn't about winning a match.

Very solid!

- Brothers backstage:

Good segment. This has been built well. 

- WrestleHouse:

I mean it makes sense to follow something as serious as EY vs. Mack with something less serious.

This REALLY feels like killing time.

This really needs to be a YouTube show or something instead of taking up time on Impact. 

- Scum/Rhino:

Also simple but effective.

- Lee vs. Grace:

I'm enjoying Kimber and am glad we're seeing her spotlighted after her lack of an NXT run.

I'm liking this battle.

I really liked that ending stretch!

- Locker Room Talk:

Haha I love Heath.

I've enjoyed heel RVD but this has run its course.

The ending was good at least.

- Rascalz/Moose:

I feel like they're trying to sell Suicide masks again.

Works for me!

- WrestleHouse:

No damnit!! You just had Locker Room Talk and The Rascalz. We don't need more comedy.

This is what prevents me from taking Impact seriously as a prominent promotion.

*Sigh*

BAH GAWD SOMEONE STOP THE DAMN SHOW THIS REVIEWER HAS A FAMILY

- Deonna promo:

Now THAT's what I want to see.

- Havok/Neveah vs. Kiera/Tasha:

This show really shifts dramatically from WrestleHouse to weapons fights.

OK this brings the show back. This is a battle.

I'm enjoying the hardcore work.

Solid! Now just stay away from WrestleHouse the rest of the night. Or month, really.

- Brothers/D'Amore:

Fine segment.

- Moose/EC3:

Again, I enjoy the fresh direction from EC3.

- Suicide vs. Dez:

HAHAHA no love for the X-Division.

- Post-match:

Good setup for next week.

- Rohit/Bey:

Raju's continuing to grow on me.

Solid.

- WrestleHouse:

Uggggggghhhhhhhh

This is dragging the show down tremendously.

This is AWFUL.

Phew. Not another match in this environment.

- Eddie/Myers:

That's a good surprise! We'll see how Myers does.

- Eddie vs. Myers:

Brian stalling makes me question if he was really held back as a talent.

Very basic work here.

Glad to see things heat up.

I'm liking Eddie here.

Yeah I really hope this is just a thank you to Myers before he goes to the midcard.

Not awful. Definitely a carry job. Brian will probably be on Wrestlehouse soon.

More wrestling coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment