Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 15, 2020

Friday Night Smackdown Reax - 8/14/20

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Friday Night Smackdown.

- Big E promo:

I liked that.

- JoMo promo:

Also fine.

- Big E vs. JoMo:

Oh. Well. So much for that match happening! I still think someone needs to be on the inside. There's incompetent security and then there's.. well, this.  

Good to see some new wrestlers get some heat.

- Post-match:

I'm glad the wrestlers are all taking this seriously! 

If anything required a locker room meeting, it was this.

Very well done.

- Bayley/Sasha/Asuka:

Haha I like them acknowledging the attacks. It makes sense that would change everything about the show.

I was hoping there'd be more of a reason for Payback's existence, but OK.

I like their arrogance a lot. They've been built long-term.

- Battle Royal:
I like the IIconics/Ruby/Liv thing continuing.

Good to see fresh combinations.

Nice spot with Bianca eliminating Tamina.

Lots of feuds coming together here.

Asuka vs. Shayna is fun.

That was an interesting ending. There was a lot going on in this one.

- Post-match:

I would think Asuka would take at least one title. Her moving to Smackdown would be meaningful.

- Mandy promo:

Now THIS is what we needed from Mandy. Very heartfelt promo.

I can see Sonya drastically changing her look with a big haircut.

- Sheamus/security:

I love his attitude.

- Cross/Bliss:

Very glad they did this segment. Nikki should be very concerned about Alexa right now.

- Sheamus vs. Shorty:

Pretty fun!

Good work all around.

- AJ/Park/Jeff:

I am ALLLLLLLL for Joseph Park being connected to Retribution. Or just being a character in general.

Oh I like this direction for AJ. 

HAHAHAHA of course no one qualifies.

Now that's a nice segue of opponents.

Good face promo from Jeff.

I guess we're going to act like they never faced off in Impact.

That was good all around.

- Cesaro/Shinsuke/LHP:

Not really a fan of that honestly. Kind of goofy, and not in a fun way.

- AJ interview:

I liked that. He does comedy well.

- Cesaro/Shinsuke:

Yeah not feeling this. 

- Shinsuke/Gran:

Oh cool! Glad to see him again.

Not bad at all as a match.

- Riddle/Shorty/Corbin:

AHHHHH nice use of Shorty.

- Alexa promo:

Nice selling of their friendship.

I like the intrigue of the nature of her relationship with Braun.

Alexa heel turn incoming?

That was well done.

- Sonya promo:

Pretty solid.

- Big E vs. JoMo:

This is solid so far.

I'm ready for Otis to have something new to do.

AHHHHHH I like the wrestlers coming to protect the ring.

Oh yeah RETRIBUTION has someone letting them in.

Pretty solid action amid the chaos.

That was good.

- Post-match:

Hmmm maybe Sheamus is connected to the group?

- Braun/Bliss:

Yeah that's pretty strong verbiage!

I love Alexa's role in all of this.

WOW. Maybe Braun has turned evil.

Very interesting!! I can see Braun becoming more Fiend-like now.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment