Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 1, 2020

Friday Night Smackdown Reax - 7/31/20

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Friday Night Smackdown.

- Opening video:
I continue to like the quick catch-up on angles. Though, again, everything's "I'm going to win this match because I'm the better wrestler."

- Fun House:
I loved that.

- AJ vs. Gran:
Nice start.

I liked AJ going for a pescado after Gran failed with his.

I'm enjoying this.

Good ending.

- Post-match:
HAHAHA reminding us AJ is a heel.

- Shorty/Corbin:
I like Corbin's manipulative ways.

- Jeff backstage:
That was a nice touch. His win had consequences.

- Jeff/Corbin:
They're really dealing with a serious subject here, and honestly handling it pretty well by acknowledging sobriety isn't easy and there are many opportunities to fail.

Damn Corbin going in on him. It feels like someone really hates Jeff sometimes.

Funny shot at AA.

- Corbin vs. Gulak:
I like this story. Gulak is lacking in size but has plenty of technique.

I loved Gulak doing Bryan's LeBell Lock.

HAHAHAHAHA even the interference didn't save Gulak.

- Post-match:
Hmmmmmm. Interesting direction. Maybe he can be Chad Gable again.

- Big E vs. Miz:
I kind of hoped Big E would be more serious with his partners on the shelf.

This is pretty solid.

These two work together pretty well.

I love Big E's suplexes.

I miss when the Skull Crushing Finale was actually a finale.

Wow Big E's going to steamroll them like Braun did, huh?

WOW Miz tapping out.

- Cesaro/Shinsuke/Gran/Lince:
And there's your setup for a tag title feud.

- Sheamus promo:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

That was pretty great.

- Lacey promo:
Mostly fun.

- Lacey vs. Naomi:
Lacey's growing on me as a wrestler.

OK. It didn't last long enough to be as good as it could be.

- Otis/Mandy/Sonya:
I haven't been a huge fan of this angle.

Holy shit Sonya's going in on her.

Hair vs. hair match incoming?

- Miz/JoMo/Tucker:
Not really looking forward to Miz and Morrison vs. Heavy Machinery.

- Bayley vs. Cross:
This has some good energy.

I like this so far.

Cross looks credible here.

That was pretty good.

- Post-match:
Hmmm... interesting ending.

OHHHHHHHHH WOWWWWWWW

Well that was definitely a way to get attention and heat!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment