Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Raw Reax - 8/17/20

 Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- Drew promo:

Glad he's starting the show. He's weirdly secondary in the WWE Title feud.

Very good fire.

Badass moment, although again they're referencing angles from 15 years ago.

- Retribution:

Damn even they're taking spotlight from Drew.

I am enjoying WWE doing a big overarching angle.

I like this big locker room meeting.

I enjoyed the Drew/Seth tension.

- Hurt Business/Crews:

I like them calling the group out. More than the Smackdown roster would do when they destroyed the ring.

MVP has a lot of conspiracy theories, huh?

Based MVP with the catering jabs.

Interesting stipulation.

- Crews vs. Shelton:

I like how these two work together.

More chaos on Raw.

- Post-match:

This is pretty wild.

They might as well name it the R-Truth title and have him defend it going into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Works for me!

- Garza/Ivar:

Someone really wanted to book this Bachelor contestant.

OOOO... KKKKK....

- Angel vs. Ivar:

I'm enjoying Garza.

How long before the Bachelor contestant is 24/7 Champion?

Fine action amid everything else going on.

- Post-match:

For better or worse, there are a lot of things going on on this show.

- Poisoning stuff:

Lots of drama here. I hope this is what fans wanted, because it's not something I'm enjoying.

Did people really miss this kind of angle?

- Natayla vs. Mickie:

Hahahah I swear every segment has interference now.

I can't help but think this was a one-time wacky angle with Mickie rather than a return.

- Sasha/Bayley/Shayna/Asuka:

I enjoy these two together.

Fun work here.

A little surprising to see someone declare themselves a contender right before the title is defended at a major PPV, but I'm guessing maybe Payback is in play here.

A lot of "moving parts" rather than one side of faces and one side of heels with few in the middle.

- Sasha/Bayley vs. Asuka/Shayna:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH WOWWWW another return and interference angle. 

I like this two-on-one situation.

Good to see Shayna back.

I'm liking this combination of workers.

I enjoyed that!

- Crews/Ali/Ricochet/Cedric:

I can't help but think Cedric is going to turn based on not being chosen here. Might as well at this point!

- Drew/HBK:

Strong promo.

This is NICE.

Interesting idea.

- Liv/Ruby/IIconics:

Fine to keep things going.

- Horsewomen:

Wow! It's been a while since we've seen those two!

- Ruby vs. Peyton:

I enjoy Riott's aggression here.

Enjoyable for the time it had. Ruby really shone.

- Raiders/Dolph:

Pretty crazy, but that's the goal.

- Rey/Dominik/Seth/Buddy:

I mean yeah, it was a pretty heavy angle.

Hmmmm interesting idea that he's getting physical without being cleared.

So, tag match at Payback?

I love Seth's viewpoint.

Ahahaha nice babyface moment.

- Cedric/MVP:

The catering thing still pops me.

- Ruas/Moss:

I wonder where this whole thing leads.

-- Elimination match:

- Hurt Business vs. Crews/Ali/Ricochet:

Enjoyable, but man have they cooled Ali off.

- Hurt Business vs. Crews/Ricochet:

Wow. Dominant showing here.

- Hurt Business vs. Crews:

Quick stuff here.

- Lashley/MVP vs. Crews:

And another wild 24/7 situation! I can't wait until it ends up in Raw Underground. 

Pretty enjoyable.

- Shane/Horsewomen:

I'm good with Duke and Shafir finally doing something.

- Cedric vs. Akira:

Worked well enough.

- Post-match:
They clearly like the 24/7 Title on this show.

- More Raw Underground:

This has been a wild show.

- Andrade vs. Ford:

I'm liking this all around.

Another quick match more focused on things outside the ring. Very Attitude Era-esque.

- HBK/Orton/Drew:

I like Shawn being the disapproving dad.

Interesting idea that Shawn will be involved in the finish at Summerslam.

Can't say I didn't see that happening to Shawn.

Good physicality here.

That's what happens when you care about other people, Drew!

More wrestling coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment