Total Pageviews

Monday, August 24, 2020

Summerslam Reax

 Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE Network special event.

-- Kickoff:

- Opening panel:

Glad Renee's getting to say goodbye on-air.

- Andrade/Angel/Vega:

Haha poor Sarah.

I liked the poison promo.

I'd watch Vega vs. Charli. 

- Shayna promo:

Pretty good. I'm guessing she's going to be in the title picture with Nia at Payback and that's why they're talking about the next match before this one even takes place!

- Crews promo:

Interesting direction.

- Crews vs. MVP:

I like this start.

There's some good physicality here.

I like how they work together.

Wow! A clean win!

- Post-match:

Ahhhh there we go. We'll see if the title changes at Payback. If not on Raw!

- Renee sendoff:

Classy! That's appreciated.

-- Summerslam:
- Asuka promo:

WWE is really committed to their PPV taglines lately.

- Bayley vs. Asuka:

Solid work so far.

They're telling a good story.

Bayley's really been fun as a heel. I'm glad she got to do something fresh.

This is really technically sound.

AHHHHH nice counter to the elbow drop.

Good ending! 

- Post-match:

I kind of wish they'd go right to the other title match. This was good, though. WWE is clearly committed to Bayley as champion.

- Mysterios:

That's a brave move from Dominik. I hope he won't regret it.

- Profits promo:

I'm really curious who actually did the poisoning. Bianca?

- Profits vs. Andrade/Angel:

Hot start to things.

I'm impressed with Ford's energy here.

This is laid out well.

Good tag work all around.

Ooooooh interesting with Vega taking the bump.

Nice ending. I'm guessing the Andrade/Angel feud is right back on again.

- Post-match:

This feels like it's gone on forever.

- Owens Show announcement:

Hmmmm could we see a Black heel turn?

- Bayley/Sasha:
Pretty good work.

- Sonya vs. Mandy:

Good physicality.

I like Sonya's submission game.

This hasn't been a huge hardcore match. I guess Seth vs. Dominik will get more of that.

That certainly wasn't bad. I'll really miss Sonya.

- Post-match:

I hope these two head to Raw. They're spinning their tires.

- Seth vs. Dominik:

Oh man, Seth's schooling him.

Dominik's got a good base.

Good work so far.

I like the story with Rey at ringside.

Seth's great here.

Wow, Dominik's getting his WWE debut alright. 

This is pretty fun.

I mean WOW. Dominik's taking some punishment.

This is very heelish!

Talk about a beatdown!

That was an AWESOME ending.

- Post-match:

Big heel moment for Seth. I love it.

- Sasha vs. Asuka:

Another great start. This is heated.

These two are always solid together.

WOW that was a big powerbomb.

I love these submissions!

This is quite good.

They're telling a heck of a story.

Very good work!

- HBK promo:

I like it!

- Orton vs. Drew:

I like the psychology.

Haha good RKO teases.

Pretty good physical match.

I like how they work together.

Nice use of the Figure Four.

I'm really enjoying this.

I liked seeing Future Shock!

This is really good.

AHHHHH that punt counter!

Now that was really good. Drew held his own.

- Fiend vs. Braun:

This should be something unique.

I like this being a straight-up fight.

Good to see this one really spill out.

Both men look good here.

WOOOWWWWW. Decisive win for Bray. Didn't really expect that.

- Post-match:

WHAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT

HOLY SHIT ROMAN MAKING A STATEMENT!!!!

That was pretty badass.

More wrestling coming up. 





No comments:

Post a Comment