Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Impact Wrestling Reax - 8/4/20

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.
- Moose vs. Heath:
I like that Heath is fighting like he has something on the line, because he does.

I'm glad to see a fresh match on Impact. Both men benefit from that.

I'm liking this. Moose continues to grow.

Hahahahaha great screwjob.

- Mack interview:
Hmmmm interesting.

- EC3 promo:
OK I REALLY like the idea of him destroying TNA, though of course I'm not sure if that makes him heel or face.

- MCMG/North:
I like this selling of their careers.

Good to acknowledge these two wrestled in "other places" wink, wink.

I love the resentment from the ex-champs.

I can't hear a promo with percentages in it without thinking of Scott Steiner.

- Lee/Deonna:
I enjoy Impact developing characters' motivations, with it not being a case of clean-cut faces and heels.

- WrestleHouse:
This really feels like a waste of time.

Really this is dumb.

- Swinger vs. Alisha/Susie:
This is definitely different from what you'll see in WWE or AEW. I would normally say ROH but you're not seeing anything from them these days.

Impact's track record suggests they'll run this into the ground and keep on going until they come out the other side.

- Post-match:
I mean seriously this adds nothing to the product.

- Brothers/Ace/Fulton:
Haha wow vintage cops.

That was done well.

- Myers video:
Hopefully he doesn't debut in WrestleHouse!

- Sami/RVD:
Wow Van Dam clearly isn't the chill stoner when you hack his wife's videos.

Nice babyface moment for Callihan.

- Eddie vs. Sami:
And a great way to remind us that Sami isn't a good person, even if he's something of a babyface now. These two obviously have history.

This is nice so far. I'm glad they had a break after a long feud. This feels fresh.

I loved the callback to Sami injuring the eye.

This is pretty badass.

I loved the referee's selling of Sami with the chair.

That was a great ending! Sami will surely get hardcore with Van Dam.

- More WrestleHouse:
Sigh.

- Kylie vs. Rosemary:
Impact was already at a certain level of absurd. This is an even higher level.

- Post-match:
Please end this soon.

- Brothers/Ace/Fulton:
That was good! I like how this is being built.

- Hernandez/Scum:
I like how they've built this feud. It would fit right in with Raw Underground.

- Bey/Raju vs. TJP/Bahh:
Solid tag match so far.

I like the story in this one.

TJP is really talented.

That was a really great ending spot.

- Swann/EY:
Really good classic never-say-die promo.

Really strong sell of Young's actions.

That was a hell of a promo.

Man, they're selling this BIG.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH that's one way to get people to forget how you were used in WWE.

That was badass. Great work.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment