Total Pageviews

Monday, August 31, 2020

Payback Reax

 Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE Network special event.

-- Kickoff:

- Roman update:

Very interesting that he hasn't signed the contract. What happens if he wins a match unofficially?

- Booker mentions Goldust:

A little surprised to see that, honestly. I wonder if he got any heat for mentioning someone working for the show beating NXT.

- Truth involvement:

He has really gotten a lot out of this gimmick.

- JBL on the panel:

WOW how many people got the David Sammartino reference??? Very dated.

- IIconics promo:

Snorrrrre.

-- IIconics vs. Ruby/Liv:

Very basic work here. Billie and Peyton are really missing something.

I did pop for the IIconics accusing Ruby of attacking Liv.

That got good at the end.

- Post-match:

I can go with it.

-- Payback:

- Crews vs. Lashley:

I like how they work together.

I enjoy Lashley's game plan.

I'm impressed with Apollo here.

This is good!

NICE ending. Hopefully Crews doesn't disappear now that he's lost the title.

- Post-match:

A little surprised to see that side of Apollo.

- Heyman interview:

I like the intrigue here.

- Keith/JBL:

Interesting direction here. I'm curious what the end game is for using JBL.

- Sheamus promo:

Pretty based honestly.

- Sheamus vs. Big E:

Good start.

I like this so far.

Good stuff from both men. Both have been underfeatured over the years.

This is solid!

That was a good match. Really good ending.

- Riddle interview:

I really wonder how this man connects with the WWE fans at large. 

- Nia/Shayna:

More good stuff from the rivals.

- Corbin vs. Riddle:

Ahhhh I liked the start.

Good back and forth here.

Both men look nice here.

Good to see this heating up.

This is nice.

More good work!

- Post-match:

Wow a lot of unhappy losers on this show. I'm starting to think another PPV is coming next week!

- Bayley/Sasha vs. Nia/Shayna:

The dynamic with the challengers is fun.

Shayna is a lot of fun in the ring.

This is going well so far.

Everyone here is matching up well.

I like the strategy from the champions.

They're telling a good story here.

This is fun all around.

We're getting into clinic territory.

That was a REALLY fun ending.

- Post-match:

Honestly I felt this was a little unnecessary. They've made the story obvious enough.

- Orton vs. Lee:

A lot of eyes will be on the booking to this one.

I'm very glad to see a fresh name in the post-NXT main event scene.

Keith is holding his own with the decorated veteran.

WOWWWWWW big endorsement for Keith.

- Heyman interview:

I'm really liking this. It's fresh.

- Seth/Murphy vs. Rey/Dominik:

Hot start.

A little surprised to see high-flying in a feud this personal.

Seth vs. Rey is a lot of fun.

Good work all around here. Seth is really coming into his own as a worker.

I'm liking the tag team story here.

I like how everyone is working together in this one.

This is nice!

Seth is great as a heel.

Very good ending!

- Fiend vs. Braun:

Interesting way to begin. I like Braun looking to make a statement.

They're not holding back!

This is pretty fun. I know I've said that a lot about this show, but it's generally been laid out quite well.

NIIIIIIIIIIICE spot through the table.

This is cool as hell.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I love Roman's strategy!!

That was badass. Glad we had a creative ending. 

More wrestling coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment