Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 13, 2020

NXT Reax - 8/12/20

 Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT.

- Kross vs. Burch:

I love the sheer brutality of a Karrion Kross match.

Burch is getting in more offense than I expected.

Burch putting up a fight!

I LOVED that crossface counter.

Pretty cool!

- Post-match:

I like this side of Keith coming out for this feud.

Profanity almost always feels cheap.

Nice back and forth.

I'm really enjoying Kross' character. He's definitely not just another touted wrestler.

- Dain vs. Drake:

Haha he's not facing cruisers now.

This match is just a backdrop for Keith in the ambulance, which makes sense.

Solid work.

- Post-match:

It's going to be really hard to protect UE in this. If Cole wins, he's beating a non-wrestler. If he loses... wow.

Impressive devastation.

Nice fire from Cole.

- Kushida promo:

Blaaaaaand. This "I'm going to be really good and win the match" mentality thing really needs to die.

- Santos vs. Breeze:

Wow. Escobar is confident.

Santos holding his own against the non-cruiserweight.

Oh. Well. So much for no interference.

Not bad.

- Post-match:

That was pretty good. I'm ready for the six-man.

- Kai promo:
I like her confidence.

She's growing on me a lot as a heel.

- Ridge promo:

Also VERY bland, but at least he's fairly new to things.

- Mia interview:

Wow imagine still needing to wrestle after that.

- Mia vs. Indi:

Honestly I'm surprised she can focus.

Good showing from Mia.

Good work. Indi's growing on me.

- Balor promo:

HAHAHAHAHA that demos reference. See, Finn was subtle about it. AEW heels can take notes there.

Not bad.

- Priest vs. Reed:

I'm ready for a hoss fight.

Both men look strong here.

I think both guys have potential.

They're working together well.

Impressive ending stretch.

- Io promo:

I like her attitude.

NICE.

- Grimes promo:

See this guy has some finesse to his promos.

- Stone/Kacy:

Mehhh.

- Mercedes/Aliyah vs. Kayden/Kacy:

I like Kacy's energy.

OK this heel tandem is working out.

Kacy's very impressive.

- Post-match:
I'm all for this clash.

Stone and Aliyah bailing was hilarious.

That was good!

- Gargano/CLR:

Mostly fun.

The fixing NXT line was great.

- Thatcher promo:

I love this man.

- Kushida vs. Grimes vs. Dream:

Now that's a pleasant surprise!!

Very interesting combination here.

Glad to see Kushida show what he's capable of.

This is pretty nice. Kushida's the star athlete, for sure.

I'm pretty impressed here.

Hahahahahahahaha wow way to blow your return, VD.

- Post-match:
Hmmmmmm. I can live with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment