Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Raw Reax - 8/3/20

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- MVP promo:
MVP is always on. I love it.

- MVP vs. Crews:
Good work early.

I like MVP's friends looking out for him.

These two work together well.

That was a solid match!

- Post-match:
Glad Crews wasn't immediately sacrificed.

- Crews/MVP:
I liked that face promo.

That sounds good to me.

- Shane teaser:
Appropriate for the baddest man on the planet Shane McMahon.

- Sasha/Bayley/Asuka/Shayna:
Right? They've conquered everything. They might as well retire as active competitors.

Glad to see Shayna step up.

- Owens/IIconics:
I do like these characters interacting instead of everyone being isolated.

- KO Show:
Wow WWE cut back on the tech department too!

I like Ruby. She doesn't take any BS.

Yeah this is pretty awkward without Sarah.

I REALLY like Kevin reflecting on losing friendships on his way to the top.

They're really referencing Logan a lot for her to not be under contract.

I did like the jab at the bathtub promos.

I popped for Billie slapping Owens after Peyton did.

Works for me!

- Another Shane teaser:
Oh yeah time for Shane to show why he's the best in the world.

- IIconics vs. Ruby/Liv:
Honestly not great. Main Event-worthy is par for the course for Billie and Peyton. With that draft coming up, time to trade those two for some NXT talent.

- Post-match:
That was fine to continue to setup Ruby and Liv losing to Sasha and Bayley at Summerslam and probably disbanding again by Survivor Series.

- MVP/Shelton:
Interesting to do a rioters angle given what's going on in the U.S. these days.

I really hope the rioters didn't steal the title. That turns things into another goofy wrestling angle.

- McIntyre/Orton/Ric:
And more references to people who aren't wrestling anymore.

I enjoy the comparisons of their journeys.

It is kind of odd to reference backstage antics from more than a decade ago.

BASED Orton admitting he should have been fired but doesn't care.

Oh shit this burial from Randy.

And now Drew's referencing Undertaker. It feels like he's not confident in himself.

Man. Drew talking about some hard times.

I like the idea of Drew collecting receipts from others.

- Ric/Owens:
Wow Ric Flair of all people doesn't want to hit on Liv and Ruby???

This is good followup from earlier segments. Again, I like the continuity.

Interesting idea.

- Nia/Buck:
BASEDDDDDD. Nia doesn't care about WrestlePro.

I am all for Nia vs. Pat.

Not bad.

- 24/7 shenanigans:
Talk about a contrast with the previous segments!

- Shelton vs. Truth vs. Akira:
Solid enough overall.

This is some crazy shit.

Not awful, though I think it hurt MVP's group to lose two title matches in a night.

- Shane teaser:
Hahaha wow some state of the art Performance Center. They really did cut costs!

- Dominik interview:
I mean yeah after what Seth did he has every reason to step in the ring.

- Shayna vs. Sasha:
Fun so far. Very glad to see Baszler wrestle.

I love the submissions and matwork here.

Looks like we're in for a STRAIGHT UP TAG TEAM MATCH

- Post-match:
I like Asuka being motivated.

Ahhhhhhh I really like Shayna wanting Asuka to take the title solely so Shayna can take it from her.

Interesting stipulation. They continue to rely on Sasha and Bayley.

- Angel/Andrade/Zelina:
OK enough.

- Another Shane teaser:
Well they're definitely teasing something different.

- Raw Underground:
OK..... definitely different from the usual glitz and glamour of WWE. I feel like that spectacle is what got a lot of fans into it in the first place. Why try to be a different genre? That said, this was fun for what the concept was.

- Profits promo:
Looks like they got paid to promote The Bachelor.

Nice shift back to something serious.

- Angelo vs. Angel:
I liked that pounce spot.

This is pretty fun.

Ahhh Dawkins removing his pants.

Interesting ending.

- Montez vs. Andrade:
Looks like we're in for a mystery injury angle. They're pulling out all the ratings stops.

I like the athleticism here.

Maybe Ford was handing out in Raw Underground.

- Murphy/Seth:
I like Murphy's crisis of confidence.

Hmmmm. Interesting.

- More Raw Underground:
I mean yeah if you want serious fights instead of a spectacle, this is definitely in line with that.

- Ford update:
I love Angel.

AHHHH what a plot!

They're going really far into super serious land with poisonings and fight clubs and the like. Really questioning this direction.

- Arson:
This is absurd and not in an entertaining way. I hope this isn't going to be a political angle.

- Hurt Business:
Raw has been taken hostage by someone who wants a much more edgy product.

- Seth/Murphy/Joe/Dominik:
Another potential case of a non-wrestler being attacked. I love Heel Rollins but I think they're going to drive off people who want the more bubble product.

NICE way to get Joe back in the ring.

Oh. OK. Maybe he's not getting back in the ring.

Dominik getting a push against a former Universal and WWE Champion. I think that could do more to hurt Rollins.

That was cool enough.

- Even more Raw Underground:
G R I T T Y. How long until they're doing shoot names in these segments to sell the "authenticity"?

Wow it didn't take long for Shane to lose control!

I do like how badass everyone looks in this.

That was cool!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment