Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Summerslam preview

 Read on for my ideas booking tonight's WWE Network special event.

- Profits vs. Andrade/Angel:

I'm good with a title change here in order to do something fresh.

- Crews vs. MVP:

I feel like continuing Apollo's momentum with a win is the right move here.

- Sasha vs. Asuka:

Sasha retains with help from Bayley.

- Bayley vs. Asuka:

Naomi prevents Sasha from interfering. Asuka wins the title and moves to Smackdown. I'd move Naomi to Raw to take Sasha's title in the draft.

- Mandy vs. Sonya:

I'm assuming Sonya is taking time off due to her ordeal outside the ring (which I completely understand), so Mandy gets the win here. 

- Seth vs. Dominik:

Honestly let's roll the dice and have Dominik win. They can use the stipulation to make that believable, with Owens and/or Black being the difference maker.

- Drew vs. Randy:

Randy has more momentum and can carry the brand. I love Drew, but I don't think it's believable for him to stop Orton. 

- Braun vs. Fiend:

And here's the reason they "have" to do Payback next week. RETRIBUTION interferes and attacks both. They block the locker room door with a forklift or something so no one else comes to help, and take the title hostage. WWE is obviously outraged that this happened and Payback is built around RETRIBUTION facing Braun, Bray, and some other WWE names. If it weren't for this clustermess angle, I'd have The Fiend win here, but they're going to want a big angle to justify Payback's existence.

More wrestling coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment