Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Takeover XXX Reax

 Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE Network special event.

-- Kickoff:

- Breezango vs. One Two vs. Wilde/Mendoza:

I liked Mendoza immediately establishing himself as the heel.

I like how this all works together.

Everyone's motivated here.

All three teams looked game in this one. 

- Finn vs. Thatcher:

Ohhhhhh boy. This is already fun.

Thatcher is very impressive against the former Universal Champion!

I'm really liking this style.

This is a battle. 

Damn. A little surprised Finn won. Good match, though.

- Ladder match:

I like the chaos here.

This is a pretty wild combination of workers.

Lots of ladder chaos in this one!

That springboard into a superkick was SICK.

Priest is having a big moment here.

I liked Candice's involvement.

AHHHHHHHHHH that splash with Candice!!!

I enjoy Grimes' tactics.

OH MY GOD some of this carnage.

No ladder left unscathed!!!

NICE! I assume we're getting Priest vs. Johnny as a result unless Finn wants in.

- McAfee promo:

This guy's got something special.

- McAfee vs. Cole:

Yeah this has plenty of bells and whistles.

OK I liked the squats spot.

I'm really liking this!

WOW. McAfee's got some good athleticism.

Sign McAfee!!!!

That was good!

- Io vs. Dakota:

Very fun start.

Very solid match, with strong energy.

Both women look good in this one.

I'm enjoying this physicality.

I'm liking Dakota's submissions here.

I really loved the false finish with Raquel.

I very much liked Io doing the crossface.

Very solid work all around.

- Post-match:

I like this. Rhea's clearly not friends with Io, but they have a similar goal.

- NXT UK returning:

Good sign for that brand sticking around, though I imagine it's still a money loser.

- Ciampa returning:

BUSINESS IS ABOUT TO PICK UP!!! I'm glad he had a break. 

- Priest celebration:

HAHAHA

- Lee vs. Kross:

Oh I LOVE Keith's fight here.

Lee looks like a beast here.

Interesting direction.

Pretty good story so far.

Kross is wearing him down.

Honestly this isn't really what I was expecting. 

Good, but not outstanding. It probably went a little long in the middle. 

More wrestling coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment