Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 8, 2020

Friday Night Smackdown Reax - 8/7/20

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Friday Night Smackdown.
- Fun House:
Bray is so twisted. I love it.

You'd think WWE would send out a search party for Braun at this point.

- Sheamus vs. Riddle:
Impressive start.

Very glad to see Sheamus able to show what he can do in the ring. He's been underutilized for quite a while.

I like this spotlight on Riddle.

Both men are delivering.

And of course we don't get a clean ending.

- Post-match:
HAHAHAHAHAHA Shorty got destroyed. I guess he'll be on AEW Dark in a few months.

- Corbin/Sheamus:
That was a rather sudden face turn. Must have been a result of the 50 rewrites.

- Dirt Sheet:
They've already ruined RETRIBUTION by joking about it. If these names were really destroying sets and the like, you'd think Miz and Morrison would be a little more upset.

WOWWWWWW this is a real thing. They're interviewing a wig.

I do like Sonya being the "real victim."

Sonya has all my sympathy. Send Mandy to NXT so someone like Candice can move up.

This was there.

- Lince promo:
Well at least he got some mic time and it wasn't the generic "I'm a wrestler who's going to win my match" thing.

- Cesaro vs. Lince:
Impressive action.

Either that generator's still faulty or WWE, embarrassingly, hasn't put security out there.

Good work from both men. Solid wrestlers with very little in the way of characterization.

- HM interview:
I guess Otis is going to start being a serious contender now.

- Fiend/Alexa/Braun:
This is definitely different from your usual wrestling feud.

The Horror Show at Summerslam: Horror Show is coming, I see.

- Jeff vs. Corbin:
Solid enough.

Ha. So much for Sheamus as a babyface!

- Post-match:
I'll give them credit for not completely changing who he is as a result of him now presumably being a face.

- Sheamus vs. Corbin:
Nice physicality.

Jesus plenty of interference on this show.

- Bayley/Sasha:
Interesting dissension here. Honestly I wonder if Raw booked something Smackdown wasn't aware of and this is how they explain it.

I love that in wrestling the only time bosses communicate with employees is on TV.

- Big E interview:
I am ALL FOR pushing this man. WWE has needed to consistently get behind new talent for a long, long time.

- Sasha/Bayley/Stephanie:
Ha. I like them sucking up to Stephanie.

Well that's certainly a way to give some fresh name a Summerslam match.

- Miz/JoMo interview:
OK enough.

- Miz/JoMo vs. HM:
OK, so first this is a personal feud and now Otis and Tucker are doing the Bushwhackers dance.

Solid action.

Yeah it doesn't feel like a personal feud now that we're seeing the Caterpillar.

And another match with no clean finish! Looks like it's a six-person tag at Summerslam.

- Mandy/Sonya:
This has been built well.

- Retribution:
LMFAO taking over the ring when everyone had already left.

I liked them chasing off the camera crew.

Hopefully this leads to them "not being able to hold Summerslam at the Performance Center."

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment