Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Interview with Kane, Becky Lynch's training, assorted WWE press, off-air notes from Raw, Y2J note, NXT lineup, NXT merchandise pulled, WWE App update, note on Bryan, and Questions on Joe in WWE, TNA going back to Spike, NXT vs. WWE, and territories on the Network

Kane talked ahead of the final WWE show in the Nassau Coliseum:
- I can see the mixed feelings about the old building closing, since new buildings have more perks for traveling performers.

- I'm a little surprised Kane acknowledged he did stuff before the Kane character. Sometimes he doesn't answer questions about Isaac Yankem, for instance.

- The battle royal with Khali, Big Daddy V, and Mark Henry was the epitome of why fans didn't take to WWE's ECW. Good thing they're not "WWE-izing" NXT like that.

- Kane sounds pretty wistful. I also wish he could have enjoyed his career more.

- I don't think he's ruined the Kane character. I just view it as a different phase of the character, kind of like the biker version of Undertaker.

- I didn't really think about the mask being hot. It makes sense. That's definitely one big downside of his gimmick.

Overall, cool interview. I hope we get a Kane autobiography someday.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

WWE did a photo montage of NXT's Becky Lynch training. The WWEPC is quite the facility. She was awesome at Takeover. I hope this is just the beginning for the Lass Kicker.



WWE has released an app for Tough Enough. Because it's 2015. I'm honestly not too excited for the new Tough Enough, but there are some great personalities attached.

Charlotte was backstage at Raw. I hope we see her called up in the next month or so.

Chris Jericho's Twitter and Instagram accounts were recently hacked. As far as I know, no nudes or outlandish statements or anything were posted, of which Jericho should be thankful.

The originally advertised post-show dark match for Raw was Cena/Reigns/Orton vs. Wyatt/Rollins/Rusev. They actually just had Orton beat Wyatt. I'm a little surprised Orton isn't booked for the Chamber special currently.

Set for tomorrow's NXT:
- Kevin Owens vs. Solomon Crowe
- Bayley vs. Emma
- Finn Balor vs. Tye Dillinger
- Blake and Murphy vs. Elias Sampson and Mike Rallis
- Samoa Joe and others will be appearing.

I hope you like (presumably) squash matches! Honestly, that's fine. They need to build things back up before the next clash of big stars.

WWE Shop has removed the men and children's version of Becky Lynch's new "Lass Kicker" shirt. Some speculate this was because of the connotations of male-on-female violence for people unaware of the context. I can understand that. I hope it's still a strong seller. She's hopefully got a good future ahead of her.

WWE will no longer be using the WWE App for their "second-screen experience" during Raw and Smackdown. It sounds like they're just moving that content elsewhere. Not a huge deal.

Former WWE Creative member Kevin Eck discussed pairing Daniel Bryan and AJ on-screen:

- I think they worked together wonderfully. Honestly, their relationship was one of my favorite WWE angles ever. Bryan using her to hold on to the World Title was awesome.

- I completely agree about Bryan being a talented wrestler but not a talented sports entertainer before the AJ angle. He was missing something in the personality department.

- AJ definitely had (has?) a solid fanbase from those who liked her as the girl next door who stood in contrast to the blonde fitness models, etc. who were stereotypical Johnny Ace hires.

- I didn't really see the Spike/Molly comparison, but it fits in a lot of ways.

- Heel Bryan was really entertaining. Often a highlight of whatever show he was on.

- The Bellas/Gail angle was terrible. It wasn't what Bryan needed.

- Note AJ didn't become the crazy chick until she was dumped by Bryan following "18 seconds." I do think they overexposed her by the time she was GM, but it was pretty fun at times.

WWE sold a special shirt to commemorate their final show in the Nassau Coliseum. That's great.

Pete Gas of Mean Street Posse fame was visiting at Raw. I remember being a big fan of MSP. They stood out among the stereotypical WWF wrestlers.

Vince McMahon thanked the fans at the Nassau Coliseum ahead of the final WWE show there. That's pretty cool.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I guess that remains to be seen. I hope so. I'm just glad he's there at this point.

2. Anyone reading Mathews' Twitter these last few months should probably check their salt intake. As was said, it's not like WWE's going to plug TNA. Joe's a former ROH champion as well.

3. If Spike wanted to keep TNA, they probably wouldn't have gone to DA in the first place. I don't see any reason for TNA to try to get out of their current deal unless another party will offer them a better deal. Even then, they'd have to stick around until the two sides could come to terms to get them out of their contract. If we do see TNA on a new TV home, it likely won't be until September or later.

4. It's one of those "time will tell" things. I know HHH pushes for Creative to have plans for talents when they get called up and works closely with Management when an NXT talent is used on the main roster. Vince does have the final call on what happens on the main shows. I don't really see Vince messing with NXT anytime soon unless it becomes televised in the U.S.. He's got his plate full with Raw and Smackdown.

5. I definitely think original and newer content will take precedent. It's all about what will have the biggest audience. I'm sure they eventually plan on adding more territory stuff, but they have to pick and choose what gets put up first. A lot of the older content still needs to be digitized from older forms of media, which takes time. Hopefully we get an update on that end of things at the next big conference call.

More wrestling tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment