Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 28, 2015

NXT and Main Event Reax - 5/27/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.

NXT:
Owens is one evil S.O.B. to come out to Zayn's music.

Owens vs. Cena is going to be incredible.

Nice way to twist things by Owens to not do an NXT Championship open challenge.

Good heeling of the chanters by Owens.

I hope next time we hear Zayn's music, it's on the main roster. He has nothing else to do down in NXT.

I never thought I'd see Kevin Steen, Samoa Joe, and John Cena in the same promotion.

Good opening promo overall.

If Regal does try to fire Owens, can he go to the main roster?

I love Owens never taking blame for anything. What a douche.

Will we finally see what Crowe's made of? He's been missing something so far in NXT.

I think Owens vs. Crowe could be pretty good. Nice stuff.

I hope Itami does great things when returning.

Ryder doing an angle with Mojo might work out. We'll see.

Bayley is over in NXT. I hope that continues.

Emma's doing well as a heel. I'm glad she's getting to show what she can do back here in NXT.

Bayley's improving. I'm impressed.

Emma's a good deal better than she's allowed to be on the "A" shows. I liked her working with Santino, but things went downhill after he had to retire.

HOLY SHIT WHAT A SUBMISSION! Enjoyable stuff.

Looks like this feud's still going. No complaints from me. Charlotte needed something to do at these tapings.

Dana's finisher is pretty cool. Nice post-match.

I mostly liked the Corbin/Rhyno segment. Corbin's not that great of a talker, but I certainly want to see a rematch.

I like NXT pairing with up-and-coming bands. It fits in a lot of ways.

I'm glad Alexa Bliss matches Blake and Murphy now. Smart move.

I think Blake and Murphy are doing better in this match. They seem to be connecting the dots more.

I want to see Enzo, too.

Overall, good match. Maybe this team has legs after all.

Nice post-match! Adding Alexa is helping their act already.

Good promo from Alexa. Hopefully she'll be someone worth following in the months to come as well.

Dillinger obviously has some veteran wiles about him. I like this.

Balor is poetry in motion. They've got someone really worth investing in here.

Nice win for the #1 Contender.

That wasn't too bad of a backstage segment to set up a new story with Jordan and Gable. It can't be indie sensations and veterans on the show all the time.

I'm looking forward to seeing Owens vs. Crowe. Crowe's got a nice opportunity here.

Crowe seems to have tightened up physically since his last match. Good for him.

I like Owens just shoving Crowe instead of trying to do a superplex or some other spot for a cheap reaction.

Owens throwing Crowe out of the ring instead of doing a super-cool move was also a nice heel move.

Crowe shows flashes of being quite good. It's just not clicking all the way for some reason.

Nice win for the champion. I imagine Samoa Joe's counting down the seconds for when to run in.

Good post-match. I'm looking forward to Owens vs. Joe and Owens vs. Cena.

Main Event:
Nice aggression early from The Ascension.

Nice double-teaming from PTP. They obviously work well together.

Darren's quite the workhorse here. Nice match overall.

Good ending. I wonder if we're in for New Day vs. PTP in a real feud after Sunday's show?

I liked Ryder vs. Slater a good deal. Solid undercard match. Both men are good in their spots.

I've missed Summer Rae. She's quite the wrestler.

Good Divas' match overall.

I liked Rose's promo. I think he's got potential as a heel. I'm split on whether he should go back to being Leo Kruger.

Neville can do some absolutely amazing things in the ring. It's impressive as hell.

I'm liking Rose's intensity here. Good work attacking the leg.

Neville's comeback was pretty good. He's someone to watch.

I expected Bo's run-in to cost Neville. I guess they want to really protect the former NXT Champion.

Nice match overall.

Good ending to the show. Neville vs. Dallas is working pretty well.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment