Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 14, 2015

NXT and Main Event Reax - 5/13/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.

NXT:
I really want Solomon Crowe to work out. I just wonder what that entails. He needs to stand out from the pack, which is harder when everyone else in NXT is also trying to stand out from the pack. Maybe he needs to add more of the hacker gimmick to what he does in the ring? Like having signature moves named Trojan Horse or White Hat or something. Right now he's just missing something as a total package.

Baron Corbin's got a pretty cool entrance and look. I hope he goes on to do good things. 

Another thing about Crowe: his look doesn't really tie-in to his gimmick. What if what he wears replicated the screen effects he produces in his entrance? What he wears now doesn't really fit.

Crowe did show some cool offense there. Obviously Corbin's the guy who's going to be pushed, though.

Corbin's a good enough hoss. Maybe he should be paired with someone smaller who can bump and do more technical stuff? What about an odd-couple team with Breeze? I think together they'd be able to make a duo worthy of the main roster after working together enough.

I like how Rhyno got right to the point. He's an example of how not everyone needs to be able to cut long promos.

Rhyno vs. Corbin should be fun if they just beat the absolute hell out of each other for a while. It will be a nice break from the more technical stuff on the show.

Balor's not an amazing promo, but he did well enough there. It's interesting for him to be the international sensation and the demon guy. Imagine if Undertaker was the Deadman in some interviews and the biker at other times.

I'm ready for Breeze to do what he does best.

Becky vs. Sasha is going to be OFF THE CHAIN. I can't wait until next week!

I hope Sasha does really good things on the main roster. She's got confidence and ability. I definitely think she can be ready for the big time by the end of the year (after Charlotte gets called up, of course). Give Charlotte a few months to get her feet wet there and feel secure, then BOOM there's the old thorn in her side from NXT to make her life miserable.

I'm guessing NXT hasn't come up with a name for Sasha's opponent yet. It's recent signing KC Cassidy.

NICE move in the corner by Sasha. It's a shame the crowd's more worried about goofy chants than the match.

Good match overall. Sasha has swagger and athleticism. Hopefully she also has a future.

Two Divas matches at Takeover? Great! Dana Brooke needs the experience.

I'm ready to see this mysterious smiling black fellow with no name wrestle.

I'm excited to see Carmella vs. Alexa, since we don't see either of them wrestle much.

Carmella does get points for having so much leg-based offense.

Bliss and Carmella are still kind of clunky and uneven, but that's OK. I hope they get more experience.

So-so match overall. I hope we see more of them in the future.

Blake and Murphy are so FCW it hurts.

Fine post-match to sell next week's title match. Enzo and Big Cass need to win and send these two back to the WWEPC for a while.

It's a shame Itami's not that great of a talker. I'm hopeful he can still be a success in WWE given how big of a deal he was before NXT. Maybe in a tag team with someone?

Dana Brooke is very meh. Hopefully she improves and we something great from her at Takeover.

It's hard to look at Adam Rose the same way after that E:60 doc. I hope he does well going forward. I wish him the best.

Breeze has the "it" factor down pat. I'm excited for him.

So, when do they announce Itami's not going to be at Takeover?

Balor already has star presence about him. I think it's just a matter of fitting in to the WWE way of doing things.

I would have suggested Owens vs. Itami for the next title feud had Hideo not been injured. Now I'm guessing Owens vs. Balor makes sense.

How weird is it that the one person in this match who's been the top champion in WWE Developmental is Adam Rose?

Rose is a better wrestler than his gimmick needs him to be. He's been doing this quite some time now.

Balor's a pretty smooth competitor. But that's not news to anyone.

I really like what Itami brings from a wrestling perspective. I just wonder how he'll be able to make that work for him as a total package in WWE.

Awesome ending and post-match. Breeze is really growing on me lately. Maybe they should add Rose to the equation with Itami hurt?

I really hope we still get Zayn vs. Owens next week.

It doesn't get much more personal than Zayn and Owens.

If Owens can drop some more weight, he'll be an absolute beast. He's already amazing.

Zayn is going to get his ass kicked if he keeps pushing Owens like this.

Zayn vs. Owens is going to be absolutely incredible if Zayn can hold together through the match.

I think they could have Zayn be destroyed so hard he disappears from NXT. Then he could finally come to the main roster once he recovers from the shoulder injury.

Main Event:
I like the pairing of Naomi and Tamina. It seems kind of out of nowhere, but it's working out so far. Overall, a pretty good match to get them experience working together with some talented veterans.

PTP was pretty funny there. I like when they're just allowed to show their personalities. On a side note, I miss Titus' uncle Rufus.

Pretty good tag match. I like seeing PTP back in action. I wouldn't be surprised to see them challenge for the tag team titles next. Apparently we could be in for a big tag title clustermess for Elimination Chamber, so they'll probably get a title shot then.

I would have liked a backstage segment with Jimmy Uso and Zack Ryder on teaming up, but that would mean WWE cared about Ryder. I miss when his character was featured and fun.

I've missed Rowan teaming with Harper. They work well together, with Harper covering for Rowan to just do his signature spots.

It was pretty obvious Rowan and Harper would win, but it was a good showing from Uso and Ryder. I think the Usos were overexposed, but they were quite the team.

Stardust vs. Ziggler is going pretty well so far. Stardust could sneak in and win the IC Title in the Elimination Chamber.

These two are tearing it up! Stardust is a pretty versatile guy.

Good ending sequence to a solid match. Nice work by both of them.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment