Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 5/15/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Superstars and Impact Wrestling.

Superstars:
What I love about Heath Slater is he doesn't need to be a technical wizard or high-flying dynamo. He's just got that natural "it" factor and he does his role well.

Kalisto is quite the athlete. I'm glad he's part of the main roster now.

Impressive match. I hope we have a future star on our hands with Kalisto.

Stardust vs. R-Truth remains an entertaining lower-card feud. They continue to put on fun matches.

Both men are doing some impressive stuff here. I like the energy involved.

I wasn't crazy about the ending, but the match itself was mostly good.

Impact Wrestling:
I like how everyone is gung ho about going for the World Title in TNA. It feels like everyone wants a shot, and that makes the title seem important.

All in all, a really cool opening segment. Angle vs. EY in an "I Quit" match should be pretty good, and I look forward to tonight's big hardcore war. Chris Melendez seems to be added to this out of nowhere. They should have either saved Lashley for the next show or not put Melendez in this match, since there are three members of The Rising. It's whatever, though.

It sounds like The Menagerie is officially over. I know Knux worked some stuff for Xplosion and some One Night Only shows, and Crazzy Steve worked these tapings, but it looks like they're done as a group. I wouldn't be surprised if Knux disappears and we just see Steve and Rebel go in different directions.

Update: Knux didn't work the most recent set of tapings. He'll probably just disappear when his contract's up.

Update: While we're at it, Samuel Shaw has been MIA these past few months as well. I suspect his days in TNA are numbered, too.

Not an awful Knockouts tag match. I'm glad to see some new faces in the division.

Taryn with the Dollhouse is working well so far. It was the right move in hindsight.

So, what the heck? Is Homicide completely done? He might as well be based on what they've said the past few weeks.

Anderson's gimmick got old quite some time ago. Why can't he be the one going to GFW instead of Tyrus?

So-so match/segment. I guess we're just killing time until EC3 goes for the title. If Tyrus is indeed leaving, they should work that into a storyline. Maybe EC3 fires him in favor of another running mate?

Saying profanity is a cheap way to be edgy. Anderson's gimmick is like the high schooler who wants to be noticed at the 21-and-over party.

I like Abyss coming out to defend Storm. The Revolution had kind of been pushed to the side in this angle. I hope Abyss isn't forgotten in the new creative regime.

The cross-promotion with the BBQ show is ridiculously cheesy, but kind of funny at the same time.

Good segment to get heat on The Revolution. Magnus has three obstacles in his path to getting Storm. That's fine by me.

The Wolves, Aries, and Roode are definitely some of the best pro wrestling has to offer in 2015. It's great to see them show what they can do.

I'm glad that match was kept fairly short considering we're probably in for four more. They saved some crazy spots for later. It was great from an athletic standpoint while it lasted.

There could be something fun in store as far as MVP's mystery partner. It's presumably not Bully Ray.

I like Taryn playing mind games with Gail. I'm honestly surprised it took this long to get Robert Irvine involved in an angle.

The Storm/Revolution stuff is OK. Storm chewing them out is getting pretty repetitive, though.

Wow. Gail's pretty fired up. I'm liking this angle overall.

Robbie's obviously the HBK of this team. Is Jessie being buried?

That was a fine enough series of matches to get Robbie over as the former Bro-Man they want to push. I think I can live with the team being split, as entertaining as they can be.

Ouch! Godderz got his heat back in that one. Maybe he's not being forgotten after all.

Anderson vs. EC3 in two weeks works for me. I don't know how much more they can get out of that feud.

I like the idea of people bringing weapons into the mix. TNA is basically all chaos all the time anyway.

I'm liking this big brawl so far. TNA's good at just having wrestlers go at it in the ring.

Bram's a good choice. I think he could go for the TNA Title, too.

Nice ending sequence. Young vs. Angle has some good heat to it.

Hilarious ending with Young using the prosthetic leg. It's impossible to take that seriously.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment