Total Pageviews

Friday, May 29, 2015

Smackdown Reax - 5/28/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

I mostly liked Ambrose's opening promo. It's totally a myth about you only getting one phone call, by the way.

I'm liking the Justin Bieber thing now for whatever reason. It's like Michael Cole's heel character as far as eventually growing on me.

Cool Ambrose promo for selling Sunday's big match. I'm really excited!

This should be much better than a 12-man tag to sell Sunday's title match.

The level of wrestling ability here is insane. WWE has a talented and experienced undercard.

Cara and Kalisto are amazing athletes. I love seeing them fly around the ring.

I don't want to overstate things, but the four people in this tag match are really great. There's the old expression about needing half as many moves to tell a great story, but it was good seeing what they can bring to the table.

Jamie Noble should guest GM one night. His character's pretty funny.

R-Truth's character is usually pretty fun.

Not a bad BNB promo. He's just not that interesting these days.

I liked BNB vs. Truth well enough. We'll see the real action Sunday night.

Good post-match. I wonder what Sheamus' future holds.

I mostly liked the Lana/Rusev segment. Why is Lana denying a relationship with Dolph?

Nice stuff between Rusev and Ryback. I like seeing some big hosses collide every so often.

I'm guessing that was an improvised finish given Rusev's injury. The match was pretty good while it lasted.

Nice back-and-forth between Paige and Naomi. Sunday's title match could be really good.

I'm liking the story being told between the Divas here.

Nice match overall.

Fine enough post-match. I'm curious to see who walks out with the title Sunday.

I'm really liking Owens' promo. Hopefully he's getting over with the fans who aren't familiar with him.

Really good stuff from Owens. He's a really ruthless heel.

Ambrose vs. Owens needs to happen at some point. That would be a wild one.

Why not just make the match four-on-two?

I do enjoy Noble and Mercury saving Rollins' ass. Obviously he's talented enough to be a big deal on his own, but they add something to his character.

This match is fun from a chaotic perspective. Sunday should be quite the show.

That was a pretty good match overall. I enjoy seeing the former Shield members face off.

The New Day joining The Authority could be fun, although I think they work fine on their own.

I love Rollins hitting the Pedigree. I'm excited for this weekend. How do Reigns and Kane figure into things?

More wrestling coming up.

4 comments:

  1. Elimination Chamber predictions:
    Neville
    New Day
    Naomi (?)
    Ziggler
    Owens at least makes a strong showing of himself. I don't see him losing clean.
    Rollins

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pay-per-view will probably have concluded by the time you see these predictions, but I'll mention what I think.

    I say Neville will win. I never really thought Bo Dallas would really amount to much and thought he's a bit of a one-trick-pony. The question here remains: will Neville prove enough in the personality department to be a consistent factor?

    The Tag Title match is tough to call. I will say New Day will retain. New Day definitely has gained a lot of favor with WWE. It is very rare for a team to struggle and then gain a second win like they have.

    The divas match is tough to call. I will say Paige will win, but this one could go either way.

    I think Sheamus will win the Intercontinental Title match. He's definitely been booked well the past few weeks and it seems like it's a logical prediction for him to win the title.

    I will say Cena will retain the title. This is more based on the fact that very few guys could/would beat John Cena at their first main roster match and pay-per-view. Owens should make an impact, but I don't see him winning the title. If he does, WWE is/will be very high on him. This match and also Owens specifically are definitely wild cards.

    I also say Rollins will retain. I applaud WWE for giving Ambrose a title shot, but I don't see him winning when he just recently failed to win the Intercontinental Title. He deserves it and has the potential to win it, but I think WWE will give him some time to compete at the upper card a bit longer before they give him the title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gain a second wind**

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bo's definitely not amazing. If it wasn't for his gimmick, he'd be really unremarkable. He pretty much got the "go away" reaction in FCW/NXT before his current gimmick. He's able to get heat and be entertaining (to me at least), so I'm not too upset.

    Neville has gotten better in the personality department, but he's not all that compelling in that aspect. I think he'll be a fine mid-level guy for now.

    The title wasn't on the line in Cena vs. Owens. WWE is definitely really high on him. He's got a really sizable following for someone who hasn't been in WWE a full year. He's selling merch a lot for sure.

    I see Ambrose as just a roadblock. Rollins vs. Lesnar at Summerslam for the WWE Title should be their goal. I like Ambrose a lot, but Rollins hasn't held the title long enough for me to want him to lose it. He still needs to establish himself as a true top guy.

    ReplyDelete