Total Pageviews

Friday, May 1, 2015

Smackdown Reax - 4/30/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

I'm enjoying the interactions between Rollins and Kane. If we did have the Kane from his prime, this would be one hell of a feud. I do think they can still get a big match out of them colliding. Maybe at Money In The Bank while potential contenders compete in other matches? They could also have Rollins get July off from defending the title in order to secure Rollins vs. Lesnar or what have you for Summerslam, leading to Rollins vs. Kane in a non-title match at that PPV. I'd personally rather see Ambrose and Reigns get PPV main event status this summer, but I can't deny they've got something worth investing in in Kane vs. Rollins.

I like when Reigns is pretty direct and to the point. He's definitely still salvageable as a top guy. I think this worked out better than him winning at Mania.

Reigns vs. Kane was good. Kane's obviously a veteran of the ring, and Reigns seems to be getting his feet under him as a better performer. They protected Kane in the finish without halting Reigns' momentum.

Rollins continues to grow as an arrogant performer. I hope he has a great future ahead of him, even he loses the title at Summerslam.

I wonder how much more Sandow can get out of the stunt double gimmick. Hopefully someone takes him under their wing to make an entertaining tag team.

I mostly liked Sandow vs. Axel. It was fine for where they are on the card.

Ryback's promo was fine. He just seems to be missing something.

I liked Ryback vs. Harper OK. I wish Harper was the one getting the push, but it is what it is.

I'm disappointed this is all Wyatt's up to after losing to Undertaker. I guess he needs a PPV win to go back to meaning something. I don't think I'd mind the Family reuniting given how none of them are really doing anything. It needs to make sense, though.

This tag team match is going pretty well. Kidd and Cesaro are really at the top of their games.

I was OK with that ending to keep things going. I imagine we're in for a rematch at Payback. Then maybe The New Day vs. PTP?

I'm glad Kidd and Cesaro are faces with The New Day as heels. It fits in with whom the fans want to cheer and boo.

Fine Divas' segment. Naomi and Cameron teaming back up vs. The Bellas works for me.

As far as I'm concerned, this Divas' Title feud is just killing time until Charlotte is called up, and we get back to Naomi vs. Paige. It's tough not to be antsy for those two things to happen.

I liked Nikki vs. Cameron. The Bellas have really come a long way from who they were when we first saw them.

Oh, yeah. We're definitely headed for PTP going for the tag team titles. I do think they should eventually hold the titles, but there's no reason for The New Day to lose them yet.

Ambrose vs. Rollins should really be something. These two should be fighting for the title on PPV.

"That's a good match you two are having. It'd be a shame if someone... interfered."

I'm enjoying the chaos with Ambrose going after The Authority.

That was a pretty good match overall. Rollins and Ambrose obviously have chemistry. I can see why they wanted to change Rollins' finisher to something he could hit in more situations.

I like the show ending with a lot of chaos while Rollins looks like the architect of it all. They need to make the most of him.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment