Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 5/8/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Superstars and Impact Wrestling.

Superstars:
Swagger and Harper are both solid competitors. I hope both can continue to have success. Future IC/US/Tag Team Champions here, at least.

Good ending. It's a shame Swagger's fallen so far, but someone's got to lose matches. I really hope we're in for good things from the former Wyatt Family after the teases of a reunion. They could come together to lay a big beatdown on Ryback next Sunday.

Lots of recaps here... but, hey; it is Superstars. How many people even watch this show anymore?

I like how well the Lucha Dragons work together. I hope we're looking at bright futures for the two of them.

Good ending. I'm liking the Dragons.

Good use of Mr. T's Hall of Fame speech.

Impact Wrestling:
Before this show even starts: TNA has a big opportunity to start a fresh direction tonight with the live show and new Creative member. I don't know how many fans are willing to give them a second, (third, fourth...) chance, but they've got to make the most of it. It's Slammiversary season and that could end up being where they really make a statement that they're still relevant in 2015.

I actually laughed at Bully Ray returning. He went out of his way to go into business for himself when his contract was expiring last year. It was obvious he'd rather either be in WWE or feuding with the Bullet Club. What does it say that he came back to TNA, and what does it say that they took him back after using his last appearance in the company to challenge a team in another promotion?

EC3 is a really great heel. I'm much more excited for him being in the TNA title picture than Bully, but it's good the company has another top-level name working for them. I hope they resist the urge to do the 485th Team 3D/ECW reunion with him at any rate.

I get this weird feeling we're in for someone else coming out to help EC3. A new associate would be a good plot progression. If they want to reboot someone like Samuel Shaw or Knux, this would be the place.

I think that was a really great opener. Honestly, I can't think of the last time I saw Anderson that motivated and great in the ring. EC3 is a future star. He just needs that big moment at a special event like Slammiversary.

I suppose I'm less tired of Bully as a face, so I hope he plays that role tonight.

Nice Gail/Kong segment. I ALMOST wish Raisha Saeed was back speaking on Kong's behalf, although that gimmick probably shouldn't fly in 2015.

Interesting remark about Homicide. I wonder why he's really not there, unless it's just a ruse for him to pop up later in the segment.

Awful use of a real controversy to get MVP's character over. It was cheap and exploitative, and honestly kind of out of place.

King/Homicide feud? I honestly don't expect Homicide to get in the ring given his shoulder injuries.

I'm tired of words like "workrate" being used to add legitimacy to a feud on a fake show. It's sad that actually gets a positive reaction from some people.

I liked MVP vs. Galloway, although I wonder where MVP's headed after being in-line to be TNA Champion before his injury.

Where was Angle to counter EY? I'm guessing we end with a giant brawl involving Bully, The Rising, and Angle against the BDC and Young. That could be fun.

Storm's doing some of the best work of his career here. He's come a long way from the cowboy who drinks beer in AMW.

Storm buttering up Mickie is pretty funny. I'm liking this angle for the most part.

Hahahahaha nice nod to the Brutus Magnus character. I don't know how many people got it, but it got a big reaction from me.

Overall, great segment. Storm has been really great at getting under Magnus' skin. Just stay away from calling him "Nick" and we'll be good.

I think it makes sense for EY to team with the BDC again given their past association. We'll inevitably see tension between Young and MVP, though.

Kind of a cheesy segment with Taryn and Gail. Funny, but kind of silly.

This Knockouts match has good intensity and energy to it. I'm impressed with Jade already.

Good ending to keep things going. I was initially against Taryn teaming with those two, but it's turning out well.

Marti confirmed as the weak link. I hope she doesn't become the obvious Jannetty so early in her TNA run.

If Magnus really wanted to, could he cash in and be champion alongside Matt? It's not an awful idea.

Heel Mickie in the Revolution could be fun. I don't know if will actually happen, though. I wonder if they'll do some kind of wedding angle ("renewing their vows") to try to pop a rating.

Interesting direction for Matt Hardy. Can we get glorious heel Matt while Jeff recovers? He's an absolute heat MAGNET.

I'd love to see Roode and Aries as champions. It's a shame we won't be able to see them face Bad Influence or Homicide/Joe or... you get the idea, but they're a great team.

It is pretty cool to see the history between Aries and Richards.

That's a pretty big storyline for the tag team titles. It should be fun to set up the final match for Slammiversary.

Matt vs. Galloway could be a pretty good feud. Matt is under a long-term contract now.

Where do they go with the Bro-Mans if they do break up? Does one of them leave TNA?

I can't say I'm shocked to see Velvet back in TNA with Bully back, although it seemed like that door could have been closed when her contract wasn't renewed a few months back.

I'm not terribly excited for Velvet vs. Angelina, but it makes sense as a way to bring the former back.

I think Bully has said too much tonight. Leave some intrigue for the main event!

I ALMOST want to see Bully make a new Aces and Eights out of Angle and The Rising to face the BDC. I do think that gimmick overstayed its welcome.

Whoa! We've got an all-out brawl! I had pretty much forgotten about Melendez, so it's cool to see him again.

This match has really been big. I'm loving it.

Good match, all in all. That was a pretty big showdown and can set up some nice things going forward. I was thinking we were in for Bully helping Angle retain, but that was an interesting change of pace.

I expected Bully to do something bigger than call it down the middle. We'll see what happens going forward.

Really good show overall. TNA got some nice momentum tonight.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment