Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 5/29/15

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Superstars and Impact Wrestling.

Superstars:
Slater vs. Rose is going better than I expected from a technical standpoint. I like both talents.

Overall, quite the good match! There are a lot of hidden gems on shows like Superstars and Main Event.

I like Axel and Sandow, but I'd be fine with Rowan and Harper destroying them in this match. The Meta-Powers have already been thoroughly trounced.

This one's been pretty good going into commercial. I mostly like the Meta-Powers. I just wonder how far there is to go with the gimmick.

This has gone on much longer than I expected! I was sure we were in for a squash. I wonder if WWE just didn't feel like putting together another match for the show.

Good ending to the match.

Impact Wrestling:
Awesome start to the show! This has been a pretty good feud. I'm impressed with EY finally feeling like he belongs in the title picture.

I was wondering how long it would take for the Dollhouse to use a camera hole to interfere.

I liked the cage match overall. Generally the point of a cage match is people can't interfere, but the action was good. Just probably a little on the short side.

I loved Taryn taking out Earl Hebner for the hell of it.

GREAT heel move by The Dollhouse locking Kong out of the cage. It's a shame Kong didn't pull a Mark Henry and break the lock.

Taryn stealing the wedding ring was pretty evil, too. Good stuff.

I'm guessing Mickie will have her return to the ring at Slammiversary, unless they do it on the live Impact leading into that show.

I'm really liking the dynamic between Storm, Magnus, and Mickie. Obviously the show doesn't need to totally be a soap opera and there needs to be solid wrestling, too, but I like a good developing storyline.

I do think it's coming about time to wrap things up with Storm and Mickie. Storm vs. Magnus at Slammiversary is the obvious idea. But what about Mickie's return to the ring (if that's actually happening)?

Nice stuff from Kenny King. I'm looking forward to the gauntlet match.

I like Angle and Young being locked up. Often there's the unresolved question of why more people don't beat the hell out of each other before making it to the ring. Maybe they don't get paid if the match doesn't go off?

Who the heck is this Argos guy? An introduction would be nice if he's going to be sticking around.

Good stuff from King taking people out left and right.

Not a bad ending, really. King had just won the title a few weeks back, so I'm not sure why they changed their minds.

The Wolves vs. Dirty Heels is fun from the standpoint of "do a ton of impressive moves." I'll give them all credit there.

Nice double submission spot.

I enjoyed the match for the incredible athleticism. Spotfest City, but that's what their fans want to see.

Velvet hasn't really done anything since her return. I wonder if her being added back to things was a last-minute idea.

Who's going to re-hire Velvet? TNA doesn't really have an authority figure these days. Either way, fine segment to set up another round of Angelina vs. Velvet.

I'm already tired of the Billy Corgan references.

I enjoyed Anderson vs. EC3 for the most part. Anderson can be pretty good at times. It was good to see Carter get the win.

I can see EC3 dropping Tyrus, especially if there's heat on the latter for working GFW.

Spud as World Champion would be a fitting way to get canceled a few months early. No way is he qualified for that high of an honor yet.

Fun opening to the match. I like the security being involved.

Angle's still got some mean German suplexes.

Nice move by EY stealing Angle's signature moves.

Nice spot turning the missile dropkick into the ankle lock. I like how both of them keep going for submission moves.

I think it's a little ridiculous they need him to actually say "I Quit" when he just tapped out.

Really good ending. I think both men did great stuff there.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment