Total Pageviews

Monday, May 11, 2015

WWE live event notes, big TNA special coming up, and Questions on signing indie veterans, Raw on the Network, Michelle Beadle, Rock in the HoF, and Teddy Long in the HoF

Charlotte teamed with Natalya and Emma to beat Summer Rae, Cameron, and Alicia Fox at a live event this weekend. It can't be much longer before she's brought up.

Also on that show, Tyler Breeze teamed with Los Matadores in a loss to the Lucha Dragons and Jimmy Uso. Breeze teaming with Los Matadores sounds pretty funny. I'm glad he's getting work on the main roster. He can be a hit if they play their cards right.

TNA is scheduled to have a three-hour special episode of Impact Wrestling on May 22 beginning at 8 p.m., in the vein of a PPV. That could be just what they need on the road to Slammiversary.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I never really thought of it like that. That style is in some ways what brought them to WWE's attention in the first place. I think it's a case-by-case basis of how much value they feel they can get out of the talents despite that wear-and-tear.

2. As was said, working with NBCU gives them WWWWAAAAAAAYYYYYY more revenue than the Network does. I don't see Raw replays coming to the Network anytime soon, at least as long as the current deal for NBCU lasts. The world of cable and satellite being bigger revenue-bringers than the Internet is still a world we live in.

3. This isn't really a wrestling question. I do think it was brave of her to do what she did. I can also see why people would think it's an over-reaction.

4. I think the thinking is there's no reason to rush in such a big name when he's still young and all that. He'll make it in one day.

5. I think he's a definite future Hall of Famer. If they ever do a class focused on tag teams, that would be the year to induct him. I don't necessarily see that happening, but it'd be a great tie-in. Either way, I think he's pretty much a given.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment