Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Superstars and Hardcore Justice Reax - 5/1/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Superstars and Hardcore Justice episode of Impact Wrestling.

Superstars:
PTP are right back to form in the ring. I'm liking what I'm seeing.

The Lucha Dragons are a really impressive team. I hope they've got a bright future. It's too early to say "next Rey Mysterio" for Kalisto, but I hope that's a possibility. I'm not all that upset about The Ascension's status. Without their original gimmick, they're not really favorites of mine.

Hardcore Justice:
Good start to the show. This needs to feel like a special episode of Impact.

That was one hell of an opener as far as just having a demolition derby. There was a nice combination of hardcore and highspots, which made sense given who was involved.

I liked the Anderson/EC3 segment well enough. I definitely think Anderson should just be a roadblock toward EC3 winning the title. I didn't think to put EC3 in the title picture at Slammiversary, but that would make sense. If they do have a King of the Mountain match, they could have him win there without harming Angle with a loss. I don't know if they'd do a match so associated with Jeff Jarrett, though.

Mandrews is such a goofy name. He's barely done anything since his initial debut. He'll be one of the ones to benefit from the company doing live events, as the newer names need more ring time.

Based Homicide. I think it was probably too soon to have Spud lose the title, but they did it in a way that sets Spud up to join The Rising against the BDC to even things up. I hope fans accept the pairing of the really serious Rising with Spud, who's only recently become serious.

I'm glad Al Snow's on commentary. I think he makes the most sense as far as someone who's already working there and can fill the role.

I'm looking forward to EY vs. Angle. Young has the opportunity to show he can stand toe-to-toe with a legitimate World Champion.

It's kind of funny they're doing a pipe on a pole match when obviously it's pretty easy to get a pipe without climbing the pole. Just bring your own!

I liked Spud's promo, although name-dropping people who've left TNA probably only makes people nostalgic for those names.

Psycho Taryn is legitimately terrifying. This is a far cry from WWE's Tiffany.

Heel shenanigans everywhere! That was more of an angle than a match.

Gail and Kong vs. The Doll House should be pretty fun. I'm curious how well Marti Bell and Jade can wrestle, since we haven't seen much of either of them yet.

I like the little segments setting up matches going into breaks. That's where doing a taped show really helps things.

It's almost unnecessary to have a pipe if they can just beat the hell out of each other with chairs and such.

I liked that match OK. The pipe falling off was unintentionally hilarious. There was definitely good intensity.

One of the simultaneous best and worst things about TNA is everyone's brawling with everyone all the time.

This Storm/Magnus angle is pretty crazy. I personally want to see Storm manipulate Magnus into cashing in his tag team title briefcase with Storm as his partner, since obviously the other members of The Revolution aren't doing so well.

Young really brought the fight to Angle there. I think I can buy him as World Champion after that performance. Good match.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment