Total Pageviews

Friday, May 8, 2015

Lower-card WWE stars on their gimmicks, big NXT injury, toddler dies from wrestling moves, Zayn update, Interview with Vince, Owen DVD, Kaitlyn update, Tough Enough details, and Questions on Punk's release, TNA names going to WWE, Owen's piledriver, the Curb Stomp, Neville, and the TNA Tag Team Titles

Adam Rose asked fans on Twitter if they want to see the return of Leo Kruger. I think that's something they can do down the line when this character runs dry. Like, maybe Adam Rose was just a stage name he adopted after years as a bounty hunter. I'd wait until he needs another reboot. He was just paired with Rosa, after all.

Damien Sandow also asked what people think of the Macho Man character. I'm fine with Axel and Sandow making the most of the impersonations while they can.

Hideo Itami is expected to miss the next six-to-eight months due to a shoulder injury. That's really unfortunate. He's just getting his WWE career started! I wish him the best. I'm guessing Balor vs. breeze is what they'll do at Takeover.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

A Pennsylvania toddler was killed when its father performed wrestling moves on it. I feel terrible for that family having to live with that. A really unfortunate accident and I hope it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Sami Zayn discussed his injury after Raw. I hope this doesn't derail what should be an awesome career.

Vince McMahon gave business advice to those damn millenials. It's worth reading. He's got a LOT of experience, after all. I'm not surprised he wants people to have a sense of humor.

WWE is putting out an Owen Hart documentary, with the blessing of some members of his family. It's long overdue. I hope we do see it. We can't pretend Owen wasn't a great wrestler before an unfortunate accident.

The former Kaitlyn didn't rule out returning to WWE some day on Twitter, but has no plans to do so at this time. I think she's happy doing what she does now.

Here are details of the new season of Tough Enough. That's a really hefty contract to win for someone who's not going through NXT.

Update: Renee Young will co-host. As she should! She's great.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Yeah, it's time to leave that dead horse alone. It was pretty obviously a symbolic and petty "$&%# you" to Punk. It was also last year. There are other things to talk about.

2. That's a pretty good summary. Those talents might not be willing to start in developmental for less pay after being on national TV with TNA. I don't think WWE would blackball a talent just because they used to work for TNA if they think they can make money from them.

3. Pretty good worked shoot, in a similar way to AJ Styles getting heat from the Styles Clash injuries.

4. It's a move that can be set up much easier. I'm not crazy about it, either, but I can see why they want something that can be hit virtually anywhere.

5. I'm not sure why he was replaced. I don't think there's anything to him being hurt or having heat or anything.

6. I don't know if I've mentioned having a similar idea, but I think it's a clever workaround. Like, say Edwards come back before Jeff. Matt would be reluctant to give up his tag team title. Maybe Edwards beats him one-on-one for one-half of the tag team titles so The Wolves are champions together? It could be a fun angle.

More wrestling tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment