Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 7, 2015

NXT and Main Event Reax - 5/6/15

Read on for my take on last night's NXT and Main Event.

NXT:
It's a shame we don't get to see more of Emma. She's got personality and she can wrestle. What else does WWE want?

I really hope Bayley comes out and does that dance.

I'm a straight-up mark for Emma. She "gets it" in a way some talents don't. Charlotte is obviously really talented, too.

GREAT submission spot by Emma. I hope the higher-ups are paying attention to how good she is here.

I'd rather see psychology like this in a match than 57 superkicks and planchas.

That was quite the match. Charlotte would be fine on the main roster. I do think we needed Bayley distracting Emma with Emma's entrance, though.

DROP HER, BAYLEY! DROP HER!!

I'm glad that didn't lead to Bayley vs. Charlotte, as good of a match as that would have been. The story here is Bayley vs. Emma.

I'm really impressed by Becky Lynch's drive and influences. She reminds me a bit of Katie Lea Burchill/Winter for some reason.

Kevin Owens is such a perfect dickbag heel. I don't know what a dickbag is, but that's what we should call KO.

Michael Cole is underrated. He can do some really good stuff.

A bull vs. a rhino? This should be great. I like seeing some mastodons here and there.

Good match for showing Rhyno can stop another beast. I wish we would have seen more of Bull, but hopefully we will in the months to come.

Rhyno was never an amazing promo guy, but he got a big clash set for Takeover. It could be pretty fun.

Sasha Banks is coming along pretty nicely. She's come a really long way from her debut.

They're not wasting any time bringing up the former Uhaa Nation! I know I'm psyched.

I wonder if they haven't determined a name for Nation yet and just wanted to show he's been signed. Would Takeover be too early to debut him?

A sure way to get Blake and Murphy over as heels is to prevent us from hearing Enzo and Cass's entrance. They're still bland as hell, though.

Zayn went deep by bringing up Owens' son. This should be amazing if Zayn's cleared to compete.

How do all the matches without contract signings in the ring get made official? I picture an agent taking contracts to the locker room for people to sign. Also, how do more fights not break out backstage if people share locker rooms? Obviously I'm overthinking this.

Hahahaha I love Banks having her own stamp. I hope she does use it to sign autographs at live events.

Damn, Banks is a great heel.

Takeover should be another great show, if injuries don't play a role.

I hope Riley's not done! I also don't really want to see him as a heel.

Dana Brooke is meh. I understand they want to use Charlotte to get her over, but she's really mediocre.

Tyler Breeze has his gimmick down pat. I like what I'm seeing.

Breeze is a smart competitor. I think he's the perfect opponent to get Itami acclimated to the WWE style.

Itami's showing personality here. I like it.

When Breeze makes it to the main roster, maybe they should team him with a larger performer in something of a "beauty and the beast" pairing? Breeze could do what he does well while the other performer can be the powerhouse. I don't know if Bull or Corbin are ready for that level yet, and I don't know if it would work with Owens. It's something to think about, though. Breeze has been in NXT for a while, and he could be ready to be brought up with the right angle and pairing.

I really hope Itami can work out in WWE. He's great at what he does, but is what he does something WWE could effectively make use of?

Nice spot with Itami hitting Balor.

I love Itami's finisher. I assume he'd get C.M. Punk chants on the main roster if he did the GTS, and I'm going to think WWE wouldn't want that. So the huge kick is probably what they should go with.

Awesome heel work by Breeze. If NXT didn't have Owens, I'd love to see him as the top heel and champion.

Main Event:
I liked Rose vs. Ryder. That might have been the best match we've seen from the Rose character. I think the pairing with Mendes is working out for him. It's not like either of them had much else to do.

Rosa's useful for her looks, at least.

The Axel/Sandow segment was fun. There's only so much they can get out of this, but it could be fun to fill time before Miz returns.

I missed Bo's promos. Good times.

Well, that was quick! At least Swagger finally got a win.

That match was fun while it lasted. They finally found a way to get real heat on The Ascension by stopping it.

Interesting promo from The Ascension. I still think it's a damn shame they got this gimmick.

I liked Stardust vs. R-Truth, even though we've seen it quite a bit lately. Where do the two of them go from here?

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment