Total Pageviews

Monday, May 25, 2015

WWE live event notes including returns, Interviews with Joe/Rousey, WWE cameos, and Questions on the Headbangers, injuries, reporters vs. fans, and more "where are they now"

Brad Maddox worked WWE live events this weekend, losing to Jimmy Uso. I don't know what plans they have for Maddox going forward, considering he hasn't appeared in quite some time. They might have just needed someone to work Jimmy. I'd be fine with him returning as a GM character after The Authority angle ends. David Otunga could also work in that role. Either way, he's not being used right now and it's about time to fish or cut bait.

Big Show returned to the road this weekend to lose to Roman Reigns in cage matches. Blehhhhh. I expect those two will face off in some way at Elimination Chamber. I guess they need something to slow things down in contrast to Owens vs. Cena and Rollins vs. Ambrose.

Also on live events, Charlotte and Emma teamed to defeat Layla and Alicia Fox. Obviously Charlotte and Emma were opponents at Takeover. I hope we see Charlotte and Layla on the main roster soon. I think this week should focus on Sunday's title match, but they can start vignettes or something next week.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Here's a piece on a recent WWE live event. Those are generally pretty fun.

Samoa Joe talked about his recent arrival in NXT. I'm glad he's keeping some mystery about his future.

WWE.com talked to Ronda Rousey about what's next for her. I'll believe we'll see her again when it happens. Dana White was pretty adamant about her not getting back in the ring.

WWE superstars attended a wedding reception of two fans at a hotel near a live event. I can just picture some IWC members thinking having Reigns attend ruined their wedding day.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. They apparently still work here and there. How about they come into NXT and work with some teams there? If they can still go, it would help the newer names. They could also feud with The Ascension, but I don't think that would go over all that well.

2. Thankfully I haven't seen anything gruesome live. On video, Sid's injury toward the end of WCW is pretty awful. And the recent death of Hijo de Perro Aguaya in Mexico was hard to watch as well.

3. It's one of the craziest things I've seen. I also don't think Meltzer would just make something up to stick it to TNA, especially if he could face legal action and theoretically DA or someone in an official capacity could easily prove him wrong. Note no one in TNA's actually saying "we're not being canceled. There's nothing to that story." How long would it take to put something on the TNA website or YouTube addressing the situation? If we don't hear an official comment tomorrow (the day after the Memorial Day holiday), I think it's pretty telling what the status of things is. For the record, nothing's set in stone about Impact Wrestling post-September. DA could completely change their minds either way.

4. It looks like both of them are pretty active in the indies. I wonder if GFW would be interested?

5. Outside of a Spirit Squad reunion last year, it looks like he hasn't worked a match since his time in OVW. I do remember him being highly touted for his work there.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment