Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Raw Reax - 5/25/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

Pretty cool start to things. Props for doing something respectful for the military, although I would have marked SO hard for Rusev interrupting the ten-bell salute. They'd get buried by their military partners, so it would never happen (and probably shouldn't).

I love the hypocrisy of Rollins going after Ambrose for getting a title match through intimidation after what he did to Edge.

I really enjoy Rollins as a heel. They made the right choice turning him instead of Ambrose.

I'm enjoying Dean Ambrose here. I'm actually starting to like the Justin Bieber jabs.

Glad to see some new faces in the WWE Title picture. I hope the Elimination Chamber event does well. With Rollins vs. Ambrose for the title and Owens in a top match, there's no excuse not to check it out.

Mostly good opening segment. The Human Centipede reference was pretty gross, but I'm guessing a lot of people had no idea what he was talking about so it slipped through.

I have a feeling this match will just set up something later in the night. Maybe a big handicap match?

Glad to see the former Shield members in a big match.

I'm liking the chaos of this match.

Kind of an out-of-nowhere ending, but the match itself was really good.

BAH GAWD DEAN AMBROSE IS A WILD MAN. Fun stuff.

I'm excited for more Owens.

Rusev should just change nationalities every week, like Al Snow did as European Champion.

Truth is a talented guy, but I'm glad Rusev won.

Maybe Rusev should try Tinder? I know those single life feels, bro.

This is truly a touching moment.

Damn, Rusev. That's pretty harsh, dude.

Rusev is probably going to become a "meninist" and post disparaging remarks about women on anonymous social media now.

Fun stuff with the cameraman. Does the cast of Entourage bail Ambrose out of jail?

Where have the Entourage guys anyway? They were just in that parking lot.

I liked BNB vs. Ryback well enough. I wonder how many die-hard WWE marks will think Samoa Joe took Ryback's finisher.

I wonder how much of this situation of the Ambrose vs. Rollins contract would hold up in a real court.

I popped for the SummerFest reference. Well played. I love when they throw in some references for the long-term fans. It can be overdone, of course. But that was a good one.

Funny remarks about Rousey.

Well, there you go! The star of Arrow made it to Raw.

Neville's finisher is the Red Arrow. I don't know if having him face Stardust because of the actor's appearance was intentional or not, but that's clever.

Neville vs. Stardust is going well so far. I think they're both talented.

Bo and Stardust vs. Neville and Amell? Book it!

That was a pretty good match overall. I was hoping Amell would get involved.

Not a bad post-match. The two former NXT Champions collide Sunday!

Zack Ryder! I remember him.

Really good stuff so far between Sheamus and Ziggler. I'm looking forward to Sunday.

All in all, quite the solid match. I like what's going on leading to the IC Title bout.

Rusev's a pretty evil S.O.B.. Well done.

Honestly, I really liked Cena's promo there. He hopefully gave people a reason to take Owens seriously. It'd be different if he treated Owens as a jabroni from "developmental" who's obviously going to lose because THE CHAMP. IS. HERE! No complaints there.

I'm totally fine with Ryder getting the spot. I was dreading it would be Big Show. I hope Cena recommended this and gets Broski of the Year status.

Looks like Ryder's still a jobber.

Maybe he should have gotten Amell to interfere? I mean Wolverine helped him get the win.

Didn't expect Ryder to do a 450 splash!

I guess Ryder forgives Cena for the whole "making out with Eve" thing.

NICE. Great way to get more heat on Owens. I imagine he's doing the job on Sunday, but he can at least look like a real threat to the U.S. Champion.

I half-expected them to acknowledge Renee dating Ambrose there.

I missed seeing Paige wrestle. She's quite good.

Not a bad match to set up Sunday's triple threat for the title. I wonder what else this feud will entail.

God I love heel New Day. So based.

This match is definitely unfair! Kane needs to think positive.

Fine "match" to sell Sunday's show.

I love New Day celebrating the DQ win. They're awesome.

Fun post-match.

I hope Bryan being on MizTV isn't just a cheap way to prolong the "we don't know how long he'll be out" thing.

I love Rollins being responsible for the "attack" on the cameraman. Pretty clever.

The Authority heeling it up here is pretty fun. I like them in small doses.

So what the heck does Reigns do at the Chamber event? Him facing Kane and J&J Security in a handicap match or something could work. I expected him to end up signing the contract for a second there.

This is a pretty fun segment. I'm enjoying Ambrose quite a bit.

Good ending to give us Ambrose vs. Rollins. I'm surprised Reigns didn't suggest he be added to things or something. Maybe on Smackdown we'll see what he's up to Sunday.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment