Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Special Impact Wrestling report - whom should WWE or GFW hire?

Since this week's edition of Impact Wrestling was a replay of Slammiversary 2014, read on for my look at which wrestlers WWE or GFW should pick up if the company loses its TV deal and goes under. Note this is, at this point in time, a purely hypothetical situation, as TNA is still in business and none of these talents are currently available.
Abyss: He'd be worth a look for GFW. I think he'd be too old to be an asset to WWE, and I don't know if he'd have enough name value to add to things in NXT. I'm pretty sure TNA owns the rights to Abyss and Joseph Park, so he wouldn't be able to be known there elsewhere.

Angelina Love: If GFW wants a women's division, she'd be a good veteran to work with some of the younger names. I don't know what kind of name value she'd bring without the name "Angelina Love," so that's a factor. WWE doesn't need her. If they do bring in a veteran female wrestler for NXT, she's not my first pick.

Austin Aries: WWE, NXT, and GFW should all want this man. One of the diamonds of TNA.

Awesome Kong: Another valuable asset to any promotion seeking her. Go for it.

Bobby Roode: I don't realistically see him going to WWE at his age, and I don't know if they'd use him for NXT (like they presumably would Aries). It's a damn shame, because he's good. GFW should pick him up in the event TNA closes.

Bram: Already been in WWE and it didn't work out, so I don't see that being realistic. Maybe GFW.

Brooke: I think she'd be a good fit in WWE, NXT (in the veteran role like a Rhyno or Brian Kendrick), or GFW.

Chris Melendez: Probably too green for WWE or NXT. GFW might want him given his inspirational story.

Christy Hemme: I don't see her being valuable enough for any promotion. There have got to be better options.

Crazzy Steve: Honestly, I think he'd be worth a look by WWE for NXT, and by GFW.

Davey Richards: If GFW has a tag team division, The Wolves would be a great pickup. I'm under the impression Davey doesn't want to be a full-time wrestler, so WWE's probably out of the question. That's a shame, because he'd be worth a look.

DJ Z: I'd put him in the "maybe" category for WWE. They only need so many flippy guys. Worth a look by GFW with the same caveat. I don't think either side "needs" him.

Drew Galloway: Obviously WWE just released him, so that's probably not an option. I think he's a great worker. GFW should take a look.

Eddie Edwards: Honestly, I don't know how much he's worth without Davey. Worth a tryout for NXT or GFW as a singles name.

Eli Drake: Already been to NXT, so that's probably not happening. Worth a look for GFW.

Eric Young: Definitely worth a look by WWE and GFW.

Ethan Carter III: GFW if WWE won't take him back. Great talent.

Gail Kim: I don't know if she'd go to WWE again. I'd love to see her as a veteran in NXT or a coach there. Otherwise, GFW if they're doing a women's division.

Gunner: Probably worth a look by WWE or GFW. Not someone I'd immediately recommend for the former, but he's got experience.

Havok: I don't think we've seen enough of her in TNA to judge too much. But worth a tryout for WWE and potentially GFW. If you've noticed, there aren't many people I'd outright say "no chance" to.

Homicide: BBRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTT 187 COMIN' FOR YOUR NXT CHAMPIONSHIP! In a perfect world maybe. Probably too banged up to wrestle regularly going forward. And I doubt WWE would go for that name. If he can still go, I'd love to see him work GFW.

Jade: Another one worth checking out by NXT and GFW.

James Storm: If he can be the James Storm we love from TNA, I'd like to see him in WWE or GFW. GFW is probably more likely given his age. 

Jeff Hardy: One of the few names I can actually see WWE bringing to the main roster. Otherwise, GFW should get him for sure.

Jessie Godderz: Maybe worth looking at for GFW. I don't think he's a realistic option for NXT.

Kenny King: NXT or GFW would be lucky to have him. Talented guy.

Khoya: Probably too green for NXT or GFW. Pass.

Kurt Angle: I'd love to see a couple big matches in WWE. I don't know if GFW is a realistic option, financially speaking. Honestly, he's probably hanging it up once his TNA contract ends unless he gets one last run in WWE.

Lashley: I'd love to see him in WWE or GFW, but I don't know if it would happen given his Bellator schedule. Talented guy, nonetheless.

Low Ki: I don't know if he'd go through NXT again, as cool as that would be. Maybe GFW if there's the right offer and push.

Madison Rayne: Almost definitely a pass for WWE. MAYBE GFW if they do a women's division.

Magnus: Another guy who's a keeper for either promotion. I'm glad we've gotten to see him progress in TNA.

Mandrews: Too green. I don't think he's worth chasing for WWE or GFW yet.

Manik: Worth checking out for either NXT or GFW. Talented guy with experience.

Marti Bell: I haven't seen enough of her to recommend her for either NXT or GFW. Maybe worth a tryout.

Matt Hardy: I could see him taking a Rhyno/Kendrick role in NXT. GFW would also be cool. I don't know if WWE would take a chance on him as a full-time guy, even in a team with Jeff. If they're not going to bring back the Dudley Boys, I don't know how realistic a Hardys reunion is. At least long term. And really, Matt's probably more content to do the indies at this point and be his own boss.

Mica: Already been in NXT and WWE, so I don't see that happening. I think there are better choices for GFW to pick up.

Mickie James: Definitely done as a full-time wrestler. Maybe a big match at Mania or a run in NXT as the "final boss" of the Divas division, or even a coach there? I could see her heading to GFW if Magnus goes.

Mr. Anderson: I see very little reason to bring him back in the WWE fold. If GFW wants some name value, the former TNA Champion might be able to help on that end. Otherwise, I don't know if he's someone worth investing in.

MVP: I think I'm recommending everyone for a little run in NXT. I liked him in WWE, but I don't see that happening. Honestly, I don't even know if he'd do NXT. I'd be down to see him in GFW, too.

Rebel: Way too new to be worth investing in as a wrestler when they've got so many other options. Pass.

Robbie E: I don't know if he could be "Robbie E" outside of TNA. I enjoy the gimmick, and think GFW would be a good fit for him. I'd be down for him getting a shot in NXT, as well.

Rockstar Spud: He's really gotten fans in his corner in TNA, so it'd be interesting to see if that would translate to GFW or NXT. Worth giving a chance to.

Samuel Shaw: Meh. I'd consider him for GFW. I'm not so sure about NXT. He seems better fit for something like Tough Enough.

Taryn Terrell: I don't think she'd go back to WWE. If that's the case, she should go to GFW if they're doing a women's division. She's pretty great.

Tigre Uno: If either WWE or GFW needs someone to do flippy shit, he's worth taking a look at. I like Sin Cara and Kalisto better. I guess it wouldn't hurt to have another luchadore.

Tyrus: Already working GFW after leaving WWE, so that's pretty much your answer.

Velvet Sky: She's one of TNA's most popular performers, so maybe WWE or GFW should give her a shot.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment