Total Pageviews

Friday, May 29, 2015

MVP update, more shows for GFW, more details on ROH to DA, Lesnar return update, Interview with Rollins/Cena/Dana Brooke/Owens/Breeze, more dates for Owens, TNA stars re-sign, Elimination Chamber note, NXT shirt back, updates on Rusev and Show, and Questions on Finn Balor, Joe in NXT and ROH, Rusev, theme songs, and Goldust

MVP clarified his reaction to ROH coming to Destination America. I can definitely understand his frustration. I'm glad we'll still be seeing him in TNA for the time being. The product is really good right now. I just wonder if there's any turning things around for them. As for when his contract ends, I hope we can still see him wrestle on TV following that date. Whether it's in TNA, GFW, or elsewhere.

GFW has added a number of dates to its tour this summer. I'm glad they're starting strong.

ROH's COO talked about the company coming to Destination America and more:
- It's got to be beneficial to have contacts through Sinclair Broadcasting.

- It would be a shame if Joe could only be in ROH or NXT. He could be an asset to both sides.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Brock Lesnar is being advertised for the 6/22 Raw and 7/19 Battleground PPV. I can't wait to see the look on Rollins' face when that music hits. I wonder if Kane will rebel against The Authority to bring Brock back.

Update: Lesnar has been added to more dates in June and July. Can't wait to see him come after the WWE Title. 

Seth Rollins talked about switching finishers and more. I like the Pedigree a lot more than his other recent finisher. I love the Curb Stomp, but the Pedigree is easier to set up.

Kevin Owens is being advertised for Raw tapings in June and July, so it looks like he's sticking around for a while. I hope that brings more attention to NXT. It's been really good.

Update: Owens looks to be replacing Rusev on shows while the former U.S. Champion heels. That's clever.

Update: Rusev isn't advertised for any more TV shows until Raw on August 3. 

The Wolves have signed a new deal with TNA. I can definitely see TNA wanting to lock some names in with ROH and WWE/NXT keeping an eye on their roster like vultures. I don't know if this means The Wolves have faith in TNA sticking around despite the DA situation or what. They're definitely valuable workers.

Update: Bram has signed a new deal, too. I know some people wanted him to return to NXT to be with Charlotte "when TNA folds" given their real-life relationship. This puts the kibosh on that for now. Honestly, I don't know if WWE would take another chance with him.

John Cena talked about picking up the stunner and more. I'm not crazy about the move. It seems like innovation for innovation's sake.

Speaking of Cena, he posted a video of bench-pressing 440 lbs.. I'm glad Cena's having fun with his critics.

WWE.com spoke to NXT's Dana Brooke. She works out really hard, which is impressive.

Elimination Chamber will be available on PPV outside the U.S.. I guess that's because the Network isn't as far along in other countries.

Kevin Owens talked about NXT and WWE:
- I've heard a good deal of praise for Tye Dillinger. We haven't really seen much of him on NXT TV yet.

- Owens appearing in MITB would be a pretty big deal. He's made quite the name for himself in the six months he's been in NXT.

Stevie Ray of Harlem Heat has signed a WWE Legends deal. He also talked about the WCW debut of The Shockmaster. If The Ascension is still doing the "we hate old teams" thing, it'd make sense for them to have a match with Booker and Stevie.

WWE has re-released the Becky Lynch shirt with her name on it. Probably a smart move.

Tyler Breeze talked about the origins of his character and more:
- I liked Mike Dalton OK, but he needed some pizzazz. Breeze really has that.

- I definitely think "underrated" and "overrated" are used too much. I'd like to see some more of those names we don't see a lot of.

- I look forward to seeing more of those NXT names on the main roster. WWE needs to pace themselves with some of the callups, though, so fans have time to absorb each name's impact.

Big Show is advertised as returning around the MITB PPV. I'd be fine with him being gone longer than that!

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I think Balor should be fine given how talented he is. I do think there's a delicate balance of how much he should just be an awesome wrestler or make use of the bodypaint. Ideally, it's kind of the icing on the cake. I like the idea of him having some hints of the demon look in regular matches (maybe some facepaint?). I don't want him wearing a mask, but I'm thinking of how Rey Mysterio was pretty colorful in regular matches before turning it up a notch for WrestleMania.

2. We'll see how things go from here. I wonder if Joe would have still wanted to work NXT right away if he couldn't also do ROH. Vince isn't involved at this stage. HHH is head of talent relations, so that falls under his duties.

3. I wouldn't think so with Rusev's injury. Rusev hasn't been hurt that much from the feud. He made Cena pass out in their first match, and he can blame two of the losses on Lana. The only time Cena beat him "clean" was when he tagged four corners before Rusev could. As long as Rusev still kicks ass, he can still be a big player. It's unrealistic to expect him to be higher on the heel ladder than Rollins or Brock. As for facing Cena again, they should hold off on that one for a while. They just went four straight PPVs. And there's no reason to unify the titles at this juncture.

4. I wonder how profitable using CDs would be in 2015. There'd have to be a big demand for them to use that medium.

5. I think he could be headed to NXT when that time's up. There's not much else for him to do.

More wrestling tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment