Total Pageviews

Monday, June 18, 2018

Money in the Bank Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw and Smackdown brand WWE Network special event.
-- Kickoff:
- B. Bros vs. G. Bros:
I like the story so far.

I like the physicality from the champions.

I'm pleasantly surprised Gallows and Anderson are giving them this much trouble.

Pretty fun!

-- MITB:
- Bryan vs. Cass:
It's just a matter of time before Bryan taps him out.

Very straightforward story here.

They're definitely not lighting the world on fire, but it makes sense for Cass to just try to dominate with his size and power.

Good to see Bryan's focus here.

I think I was spoiled by Takeover. I'm not crazy about this one.

Not bad overall. Presumably Cass is about to get Corbined down to U.S. Title level.

- N. Day/Owens:
Well this is interesting.

Fun for what it was.

- Lashley vs. Sami:
Wow, they're stretching this show out, huh?

Pretty straightforward here.

WOW. These two are capable of a lot more than that match. That was a letdown.

- Elias promo:
I'm all for IC Champion Elias, especially if Seth moves on to a higher level.

- Elias vs. Rollins:
Another match with one really worldly veteran against someone who recently learned the basics.

Seth is really carrying this one.

Pretty basic formula, but solid.

Elias only looks credible if he can capitalize on an injury or mistake here; he's definitely not at Seth's level. But few are!

That was mostly good.

- Women's MITB:
OHHHHHH GIRL this is already a blast.

Nice initial work from Ember.

I'd pop for Lana winning. Not going to lie.

I'm loving Ember vs. Naomi.

This is pretty badass!

They're not holding back here.

There might not be any functioning ladders left for the other MITB match at this rate.

Naomi's really good.

Hahahaha Bliss taking three opponents out at once.

This is big.

Ahhhhhhh good times. Sorry, Becky.

- Paige/Angle/Corbin:
Meh. I don't think anyone enjoys authority figure feuds as much as WWE thinks they do.

- Reigns vs. Jinder:
HOW COULD ROMAN DO THAT TO SUNIL????

Wow. I'm not excited for this match either, but this crowd is embarrassing.

Very basic match.

Wow. This feud didn't really accomplish much overall.

- Carmella vs. Asuka:
Another long stalling match.

Glad this is heating up now.

Asuka should believably beat her in about a minute.

Well this is an interesting turn of events. What if this Asuka is the real Asuka?

Oooooohhhhhhh. Rough ending. They should have protected Asuka more.

- AJ vs. Shinsuke:
Glad to see both sides bringing big offense.

Good to see Shinsuke focused on kicking his ass.

This is pretty solid.

I'm impressed with this one.

OUUCCCCHHHHH that missed knee to the turnbuckle.

I like AJ's focus.

Oh, wow. Shinsuke tapping basically kills him even if he wins.

I really like AJ showing killer instinct.

This has been quite good.

Dear God finally the feud is over. I hope. Nice match, though.

- Nia vs. Ronda:
Fine so far.

I like how these two work together.

Ouch. Jax definitely looks like a monster here.

I'm loving all of Ronda's submissions.

Pretty cool so far.

Oh, wow. Alexa really doesn't like others having the spotlight, huh?

- Nia vs. Alexa:
Wow. Alexa's going to survive MITB AND beat Nia and Ronda? Damn.

Yep. Back to the Alexa show. I love her, but I don't think this was the right direction.

- No Matt/Bray vs. B-Team:
Wow. I'm surprised none of them even made an appearance. They got completely shut out.

- Men's MITB:

Kofi will be pretty exciting.

I love Frankenstein's monster in matches like this.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I would have popped so hard for Miz winning there.

Things are already crazy here.

Everyone's motivated to win that briefcase.

I like the everyone vs. Braun show.

Braun looks like a BEAST here.

OH MY GOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD that Owens bump.

Monster in the Bank incoming at this rate.

Everyone looks good here.

Hahahahahaha great Accolade spot.

That double stomp could have killed Roode. Dear God.

This is an awesome spectacle.

I'd pop for Kofi winning like that.

Incredible stuff.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment