Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 17, 2018

Takeover: Chicago Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT brand WWE Network special event.

-- Kickoff:
- EC3 on the panel:
It is odd he's not booked here. I wouldn't blame him for showing up uninvited.

-- Takeover:Chicago:
- KOR/Strong vs. Burch/Lorcan:
Nice tag work early.

Don't count the challengers out. They're tough.

Nice shine from Danny and Oney.

MY GOD these chops.

Wow. I'm surprised UE is having this much trouble with them.

Great teamwork from the former ROH guys.

Now Kyle and Roddy have momentum going.

I hope Kyle and Roddy have big futures in WWE. They're both really smooth.

I'm liking this physicality.

Nice to see Oney and Danny show what they can do.

NICE backbreaker out of Oney trying to hit the elbow.

I mean, wow. Oney's on fire here.

KOR is an absolute beast.

This is intense!!!

Oney and Danny are making the most of this opportunity. They look great here.

Hell of an opener here.

Oney deserves a bigger spot after this. He's having a big performance.

I'm blown away by everyone here. And it's just the first match!!

Absolutely amazing.

- Post-match:
Glad they got some respect for that showing.

- Lars workout:
I hope this guy can be someone. I've liked him so far.

- Velveteen vs. Ricochet:
LOOK AT VELVETEEN'S OUTFIT OH MY GOD.

I'm already loving Dream here.

Can Dream take Hogan's place? I'm OK with that.

I'm glad they're starting slow instead of just showing every cool move Ricochet knows.

This is pretty fun.

Dream's upset at the incredible resiliency he's up against. I don't blame him!

WOW. Dream's pretty agile himself.

This is badass. Everything on Takeover shows feels like a big match.

Ricochet's so amazingly athletic, it's almost not fair for Dream to face him.

MY GOD WHAT A ROLLING DVD.

Ricochet's strength is UNREAL. I see why there was so much hype for him.

OH MY GOD what a suplex.

Both men delivering in this one.

I loved Ricochet doing Dream's finisher.

OH MY GOOOODDDDDDD that long Shooting Star Press.

Beautiful, beautiful match.

- Shayna vs. Cross:
This is going to be something else.

Nikki is INSANE.

This is fun. Shayna's never faced anyone like this.

Shayna is a force of destruction.

Again, Nikki is absolutely crazy for taking all of that and wanting more.

I'm liking the story here.

I love Shayna continuing to go for the submission.

Not quite as amazing as I'd hoped, but still really solid. I hope there's a longer match in Brooklyn.

- Post-match:
Yeah this deserves a second match.

- EC3 in the crowd:
Wow we really are back at square one, huh?

- Keith in the crowd:
Ohhhh yyyyeeeaaaahhhh business is picking up.

- Aleister vs. Lars:
I like this dynamic.

Wow. Both men going for big moves right out of the feeling out process.

It's weird seeing Black as the underdog.

I'm marking out for Lars' strength here.

OH MY GOOOODDDDDD that moonsault counter.

Lars is a damn monster.

They're really putting Sullivan over here.

I'm liking this.

Black gets a little bit of momentum, but then Lars wrecks him again.

Aleister is in trouble here!!

OUCCCHHHHHHHH that apron powerslam.

Lars looks like he can take the title. He's had an answer for everything Black has thrown at him.

That was solid!!! Both men looked badass.

- Garganos:
That was a good moment. This story has been unbelievable.

- Gargano vs. Ciampa:
Oh this is already a battle.

I loved the stop sign spot.

OH MY GOD Johnny's going all out.

I like the hardcore aspect of this.

All these Germans!!!

Both men showing guts here.

Good God Johnny's taking some punishment here.

This is just evil.

Just.... wow. This isn't a match so much as legalized assault.

They're killing each other out there.

Oh noooooo. This won't end well. Someone's taking a hard shot on that part of the ring.

Dear God this is brutal.

I like Johnny's killer instinct on that knee.

Tommaso's stealing his livelihood and now his signature move!!

This is attempted murder at this point. Good God.

Oh no Oh no Oh no.

OHHHHHH MYYYY GOOOODDDDDDDDD THAT BUMP.

Johnny is well and truly on the dark side now.

BAH GAWD ENOUGH IS A DAMN NOUGH.

I don't remember the last time two people took it to these lengths.

OHHHHHHHH that DDT.

One of the most emotional battles I've ever seen in wrestling. That was amazing.

- Post-match:
Really incredible.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment