Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Raw Reax - 6/25/18

Read on for my take on last night's Raw.
- Angle/Corbin/Roman/Lashley/Revival:
I have this awful feeling that Stephanie is going to be part of WWE storylines for the next 20+ years.

I love that Angle didn't tell either guy about the Lesnar situation until they were on live TV. Like, what do you people do backstage before the show???

I mean, Lashley's not wrong. Reigns has had plenty of opportunities to beat Brock.

Oh, great. So both of them are losers who can't get the job done.

It'd honestly be kind of funny if Brock left without dropping the title because WWE couldn't get him signed long enough to drop it. Way to play yourselves.

Everyone basically buried each other here, with The Revival flat out pointing out we get the same segment every week.

- Reigns/Lashley vs. Revival:
Dawson and Wilder here to be crash test dummies.

At least they're getting in some offense.

Fine work so far.

I honestly expected this to go about five minutes. And, really, given how each of these names has been booked, that would make sense.

The Revival better get a tag title shot after that. At least!

- Deleters promo:
Mostly fun.

- B-Team promo:
They've made more out of their post-Miz teaming than I expected.

That was pretty funny.

- Matt vs. Curtis:
Ehhhhh. Not the most believable upset.

- Post-match:
This has been OK, but that's mostly due to Bo and Curtis.

- Authors/TWW:
Looks like Titus and Apollo are getting destroyed at Extreme Rules.

- Bayley/Alicia/Angle:
Vintage Alicia Fox booking. I'm surprised it took so long for her to pop up as an extra.

- Authors squash:
Oh how I've missed this.

Good times.

- Post-match:
There's a difference between bravery and masochism. Titus and Apollo are about to get wrecked.

- Angle/Corbin/Balor/Braun:
I could never see another authority figures feud and be totally fine with that.

That should be an interesting tag match.

- Alexa/Mickie/Natalya/Nia:
I have missed Queen Bee Alexa.

Ahh vintage Alexa.

I was really hoping Natalya would turn on Ronda. This is getting boring.

Wow. Nia didn't miss long!

- Alexa vs. Natalya:
Fine for the time it's getting.

Ehhh. Kind of a mess. It all felt crammed together, and hurt Alexa's momentum.

- Rollins promo:
I'm curious what the plan here is, since the multi-man contenders' match is off.

- Jinder/Sunil/Riotts:
Eh. I'll take them seriously when they can pose a threat in the ring.

- Banks/Bayley/Ember vs. Riotts:
Nice start.

I like Moon.

This is pretty solid!

Not bad overall.

- Post-match:
I'm fine with this. Bayley's the face here as far as I'm concerned.

I'd watch Bayley in the Riott Squad. She could use a new look/direction.

- Angle/Owens:
A "Team Hell No" situation with Braun and Kevin would actually be pretty funny.

- Mojo/Jose:
Not bad to try to make something out of Rawley.

We'll see how things go for these two. I don't really see them making it to the IC Title picture anytime soon.

- Angle/Bayley:
Wow, Kurt. That's a little much. This is WWE. People beat each other up all the time.

- Braun/Owens vs. Finn/Corbin:
I'm not exactly excited for a Finn/Corbin feud.

I like the Strowman/Owens pairing.

Fun stuff with Braun on offense.

Hahaha Kevin trying to do Braun's signature spot.

Ehh. It was just a matter of time until it broke down. Fun action while it lasted, though.

- Post-match:
So when is Braun getting mandatory counseling?

Wow, Braun. What a bully!

So does WWE send back the damaged car or what?

- Ziggler vs. Rollins:
Nice measured start.

Wow. Lots of stalling from Dolph. I guess he's making this title reign last!

This feels stretched. Did something get cut?

I like the dynamics here.

Glad to see this heating up.

NICE buckle bomb spot.

They really come across as evenly matched here.

Pretty good overall. I'm curious what this will set up at Extreme Rules.

- Post-match:
Not bad to set up the next steps, although where's Lashley in all of this?

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment