Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 7, 2018

NXT and ROH Reax - 6/6/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.
-- NXT:
- Shayna/Cross:
Wait... how did she get her belt back?

Baszler is a convincing badass.

This is INSANE. I love it.

I like seeing these two together.

Nice physicality. I look forward to their match.

- TM-61 squash:
I like the new direction for the Aussies. They NEED to get momentum.

Not bad!

- Post-match:
That's a great way to get your asses kicked by another team.

- Lars training:
I'm liking the monster push.

- Strong vs. Burch:
Oh I already like this.

Strong is ridiculously smooth. He could be in WWE a long time.

This is nice!!

A lot of chaos at the ending, but it worked well to continue the feud.

- Post-match:
I look forward to this clash.

- Ohno/EC3:
Poor Kassius still treading water in NXT.

EC3's kind of stuck not doing much, too. Hopefully he's eventually holding gold.

- Black promo:
I'm excited for this battle. Both men have been built really well.

- Ric/Dream video:
Nice contrast between these two, with Ricochet doing insane work all over the world and Velveteen coming up through Tough Enough.

- Sane vs. Evans:
I like the back and forth so far.

I'm glad Lacey's not just being fed to the international star.

These two go together pretty well.

Solid stuff!

- Ciampa/Gargano:
Ciampa is one of the best characters in wrestling right now.

SUCH a great dick heel.

Tommaso is pure conceited evil.

I'll pop for Candace leaving Johnny for Tommaso.

I'd like to see this turn into a Falls Count Anywhere In Chicago match given how this is spilling out.

HAHAHAHAAH stealing Johnny's finisher is cold.

OH MY GOD that was brutal.

My God what an angle.

-- ROH:
- Cody/Marty:
I like how Cody plays the crowd.

Being ROH and NWA Champion would be pretty cool.

It's good that Scurll hasn't really "turned face" as much as now he's working against someone the crowd boos. It's been done well.

That was pretty cool.

- Tenille vs. Karen:
Tenille is really solid.

I'm liking this so far.

There's good flow here.

Pretty good submission spot.

Kind of a flat ending, but solid overall.

- Silas vs. Aries:
It's really cool seeing Aries here.

Good story between these two. There's nice strategy involved.

I'm very impressed here.

Silas looks game here. Sometimes he cheats and sometimes he's able to hold his own.

Nice counters.

A neck bump on the apron is particularly insane.

And here's the shenanigans.

Not one but two run-ins!

HOLY SHIT WHAAAAATTTTTTT

- Post-match:
That was mostly good to protect Silas in the loss. Was this the price of getting Austin to appear?

Wow, Austin. That's not the way a guest should behave!

Damn. Austin getting a big moment here.

- Next week's matches:
I look forward to both of those. I'll miss Deonna in ROH, but look forward to seeing her in NXT>

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment