Total Pageviews

Friday, June 1, 2018

Under Pressure Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's special edition of Impact Wrestling.
- Sonjay/Petey:
I have a feeling we'll find out who's doing the attacks at the Ontario tapings. They didn't physically need someone at these tapings to do the angle. Clever.

- Eli vs. Steiner:
This is going to be a lot of theatrics, I see. Steiner's 55. He's got a restaurant to run. He's just here as a favor for Impact, really.

Drake is really making the most of this.

Fun for what it is. This isn't an X-Division match.

Scott's playing the hits while Drake provides a lot of motion.

Eli did as best as he could there.

- Madison vs. Tessa:
Good enough so far.

These two go together pretty well.

Rayne hasn't lost a step!

Oh, wow! I expected Tessa to win, but this was a pretty good way around that.

- LAX:
I'm fine with where this angle's going currently.

- Cage vs. Dezmond:
Fun to see Cage's power on display.

Dezmond's putting up a fight.

This is pretty fun.

I'm loving the monster push! He's not killing talented wrestlers, but still looking dominant.

- Post-match:
Pretty good.

- Aries promo:
This has been a nice change of pace for Impact.

That was good!

- Allie entrance:
That was really cool. Allie is one of the best parts of Impact, bar none.

- Allie vs. Su:
OH MY GOD I love fired-up Allie.

Good story so far.

Fine basic stuff so far.

NICE homage to Rosemary there.

This is actually pretty badass.

Wow. Really good stuff from a story perspective.

- Sonjay backstage:
I'm definitely intrigued. Payoff will be key.

- Edwardses:
Hahaha sure just kill each other out in the woods.

- Penta vs. Aries:
This definitely feels like a big match right out of the gate.

WHOAAAAA nice use of the mask.

These two work together pretty well. I hope this isn't the last time they compete.

I'm liking this back and forth.

Penta definitely looks like a top champion here.

Dear God a super package piledriver would be insane.

Again, both men are at the top of their games. They're telling a good story here.

Pretty badass.

HAHAHA Aries did that to himself.

- Post-match:
Works for me.

- More Penta vs. Aries:
I'd pop for Penta winning on that cradle.

These apron moves are sick.

Jesus. Maybe, you know, don't fight on the outside?

- Post-match:
I'm a little split here. What does it say that neither man is smart enough to actually WIN THE MATCH IN THE RING??? Pretty badass otherwise.

- Even more Penta vs. Aries:
Ha. Pretty awesome match all around, and a pretty newsworthy ending. I look forward to seeing what's next.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment