Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 6/12/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.
-- SD Live:
- MITB summit:
Bleehhh. I can't just care about Raw vs. SDL given how much the rosters shake up.

Pretty paint-by-numbers. I'm ready for some of these characters to do something new.

I mostly like the IIconics, but they're not very effective in the ring.

Looks like we've got four sitting ducks for Team MITB to thrash.

- Bryan vs. Shelton:
This is solid early.

I like Shelton's aggression.

This is straightforward, but effective, wrestling.

Two veterans showing how it's done.

NICE Paydirt counter.

That was a really solid ending. I hope Shelton can be a legitimate threat in the U.S. picture now.

- Paige/Asuka/Miz:
Ha. Paige just adding to match she's already made. Nice.

Joe and Rusev could kill Miz.

- AJ interview:
This feud has been really bad. Both men are really bland as characters.

Blehhhhh.

- Tag title match on Kickoff:
I mean, they might as well. WWE's just killing time until we presumably get Harper and Rowan vs. SAnitY at Summerslam.

- Joe vs. Rusev:
If I'm Miz, I'm letting them kill each other. Hell, give them steel chairs to use!!

Nice back and forth so far.

Ehhhhhh. Good to continue the build to MITB.

- Post-match:
Nice to sell Sunday's match.

OK, that was actually pretty funny in a stupid way.

- Shinsuke vs. J. Hardy:
Fine work early.

That was heating up pretty well. This was just about getting the low blow over again.

- Post-match:
Yeaaaah probably time for Jeff to drop the title.

- Carmella promo:
I would have popped for Carmella being the one to end Asuka's streak, since she is so obviously behind Asuka as a wrestler.

- Cass interview:
Well this is weird.

Where does Cass go after losing again at MITB?

- 10-woman tag:
This is basically going to be everyone getting some moves in.

No one's really in here long enough to shine.

Charlotte is definitely a great worker.

NICE moonsault to the outside.

So there's your confirmation Asuka's not winning the title.

- Post-match:
I'm curious who will end up taking the briefcase.

-- 205 Live:
- Maverick promo:
Drake taking a real stance there.

- Kendrick/Gallagher/Gulak promo:
I like this combination. I'm excited for their future.

- Kendrick/Gallagher/Gulak vs. House Party:
That piƱata is hilarious.

I like this start - there's a clear contrast between the two sides.

The luchadores work together very smoothly.

The heels are definitely playing defense against their quick opponents.

This is solid.

Nice work with Kalisto having to fight the odds.

I'm liking all this action.

This is intense!

I'm impressed with the luchadores here.

Interesting ending to a really good match.

- Maverick/Buddy:
This should be an interesting triple threat feud.

- Ali promo:
Mustafa could use a rebound win.

- Tozawa squash:
I like the intensity.

Not bad.

- Lio video:
I'm feeling this direction for Rush. I'm glad he's on the right track now.

- Nese promo:
Simple, but effective.

- TJP promo:
I'm interested in this idea. Clearly Drake isn't that concerned about him!

- Mustafa vs. Nese:
I like this early stretch.

Oh this is definitely leading to a tag match. 

I'm liking this. Both men get to show what they're all about. 

Both guys shining so far.

They're playing off each other well. 

HAHAAHAH this is all out chaos.

Fun run-in spot. 

OUCH. Knee to the buckles.

That was awesome! Tony was protected in the loss. 

- Post-match:
OHHHHH MAN. That should be good.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment