Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Smackdown Live and 205 Live Reax - 6/26/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's SDL and 205 Live.
-- SDL:
- Changes to show:
A dog bite injury sounds like something they would have done in the cheesy angle with AJ.

Interesting change to the women's match.

- MizTV:
Well this is an interesting trio!

I like Rowan and Harper keeping some mystery about them, but it's not like they've been silent during this run.

This is a nice change of pace from the usual MizTV formula, and presumably allays fears that the spooky badasses are working for the Hollywood punk.

I love Miz's worldview of himself as the victim.

Holy shit!!! Bryan has guts.

- New Day backstage:
God that looked disgusting.

- Rusev vs. Woods:
Nice start.

I like Rusev's strategy here.

Fun work!

- Post-match:
I'd love to see them shake things up with a Rusev win, but they're almost definitely going for AJ vs. Joe. Maybe Rusev can beat Nakamura, though.

- Jeff promo:
Vintage weird Jeff Hardy promo.

- Naomi/Lana/GLOW:
I'm shocked it took this long to make use of the GLOW cast.

We'll see if anything comes of this or it was just an excuse to promote GLOW.

- Jeff/SAnitY:
YYYYEEEEESSSSSSS this or Almas were the best outcomes. Maybe Shinsuke will get bit more often.

- Jeff vs. EY:I hope Eric holds Raw or SDL gold during his WWE career. He's worked long and hard to get here.

Young is making the most of this chance.

Pretty straightforward. Probably due to Jeff's pinched nerve.

Kind of a time-killer to set up the six-man tag.

- SAnitY vs. Jeff/Usos:
I'd love to see Nikki Cross and Naomi as part of this. Just saying.

I've missed seeing Killian in action.

Nice fire from the Usos.

Pretty fun, although the new squad just lost clean.

- Ellsworth/Tye:
James already getting more screen time than Tye….

- Almas/Vega:
Damn, Paige. What's it going to take for these two to get some action?

- Ellsworth/Paige:
I've missed JE.

So, why isn't Asuka here? Did she get bitten, too? Is this like the elevated liver enzymes epidemic?

I hope they put Ellsworth in a shark cage at ER.

Wow. Ellsworth read Paige like an open book!

Haha. I don't think that will end well for Ellsworth.

- Bryan vs. Harper:
Oh I'm already loving this.

SO many kicks.

This is physical. I like it.

Nice to see both men get to shine.

I'm impressed here.

Fun while it lasted.

- Post-match:
WHAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTT that was an unexpected return. This guy's running for mayor!

OK, this is pretty badass.

I'm excited for this reunion, short-lived as it will likely be.

Awesome attraction for ER.

-- 205 Live:
- Akira vs. Nese:
Nice physicality early.

This is nice!

Both men going hard here.

This is smooth.

Bye-bye, mouthpiece!

Pretty good!

- Cedric/Drake:
What does Drake do all week as GM? How does he not have a title match set yet?

Cedric vs. Itami is being built well.

- Fishel in the crowd:
So is she doing anything these days? She could be Lio's manager!

- Lio squash:
I already like Douchebag Lio.

Great athleticism to match the fun gimmick.

- Post-match:
I'm sold. Glad he's turned things around from the Emma incident.

- Cedric/Hideo:
I'm curious how this will go. Cedric's growing on me.

- Ali/Murphy next week:
Could be pretty fun.

-- Elimination Match:
- Kalisto/Gran/Lince vs. Gulak/Gallagher/Kendrick:
Smart start from LHP.

I like the idea of each side angling for that early advantage.

I love Gran's athleticism.

Wow. Quick defeat for Gran.

- Kalisto/Lince vs. Gulak/Gallagher/Kendrick:
The heels could go up three-to-one if Lince's not careful.

Nice second stretch.

- Kalisto/Lince vs. Gulak/Gallagher:
I like the smooth teamwork here.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I love crafty Kendrick.

- Kalisto vs. Gulak/Gallagher:
Nice hope spot for Kalisto.

Nice work to get us to the finals.

- Kalisto vs. Gulak:
I like Gulak's fierce streak. He can really work a range.

Badass!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment