Total Pageviews

Monday, August 15, 2011

Raw thoughts- 8/15/11

Last night, C.M. Punk defeated John Cena to become the unified and undisputed WWE Champion. Then, just as he soaked in the fans' cheers, he was taken out by Kevin Nash. This unexpected occurrence was followed by the cashing in of Money In The Bank by the man who is now champion, Alberto Del Rio. The fallout to Summerslam is coming tonight on Raw as the new champion puts his title on the line against Rey Mysterio. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

It's pretty weird that Triple H and Kevin Nash are big parts of a story in 2011 (at least in WWE). The business continues to try to wring out whatever's left from the Attitude Era at times.

I was hoping Ricardo would introduce Del Rio to start the show, but they pretty much had to start with the COO addressing last night's title situation.

Del Rio's great.

That felt a little long and somewhat forced.

Kreuger looks pretty sick in Mortal Kombat.

That R-Truth remix isn't exactly what I hoped for.

Little Jimmy chant! I love it.

These two work pretty well together.

Another great, innovative match. JoMo's going places.

I like that they played back Rey's first World Title win. Make the match as big as possible.

Jared just keeps popping up, doesn't he?

Great Miz promo as always, though the Subway pitch was pretty silly.

It's actually kind of funny that Nash is back in the picture. I remember a few years ago the company mocked him when Shawn Michaels feuded with Mr. Anderson. Not to mention that he didn't want to dye his hair when he was offered an on-screen role at some point between TNA contract signings.

Beth and Natalya should go after everyone in this match. Then again, just having the two of them and maybe Tamina as the dominant heels means the heels would be spread really thin on house shows.

OUCH.

I don't even think I would have called that thing a dropkick.

Well, at least the feud's continuing. Glad the DOD look more heelish than their normal bright outfit wearing selves.

Influential I'll give you. Charismatic? Not so sure on that one.

I wonder how many people in the crowd know much about Nash.

Hopefully this sets up a big victory for Punk.

Pretty solid reaction for Punk. It would have been hard for him to remain heel.

I'm liking Punk in this role.

Worked shoots everywhere.

Definitely watching this one on YouTube tomorrow.

More Rey title history. Nice.

Though, if that last segment was "breaking the fourth wall", that makes Riley vs. Ziggler just another part of the story, right?

Riley vs. Swagger's fine by me. Five people on announcing's insane though.

If only I could hit mute without feeling like I might miss something.

I think I'll wait to judge the Vickie-Dolph dynamic by where it goes from here. I didn't really like this part.

Oh, maybe it's going to Vickie-Swagger. That works. But where does Dolph go besides midcard hell? Would a face turn even work for him?

At least the Del Rio impersonator was funny.

Stephanie's grown from her days of being kidnapped by Undertaker. I like the sly hint she dropped.

Well then, that was certainly different for Kofi.

Bourne and Kofi as tag team challengers would be cool.

McGillicutty and Otunga just don't... fit without Nexus it seems. They're just kind of two guys.

Do you really want to have your announcers say the tag team champions are boring?

Did we really need that "title" argument?

Fun little match. Bad commentary took away from it.

That title actually halfway works for Del Rio with the eagle and all.

They're doing pretty damn well if Rey's hurt. Two amazing workers.

McMahon-Helmsley Era. There's a blast from the past.

I thought Rey had him there. I pretty much thought Del Rio had HIM with that enzuiguri.

I'm running out of positive attributes to describe things tonight.

Del Rio putting Rey on the shelf would cause mega-heat.

And a solid Cena promo to close us out. I like this.

That's all for Raw. I'll be back for NXT tomorrow, and a news post will be up later tonight. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment