Total Pageviews

Monday, August 8, 2011

Raw thoughts- 8/8/11

It's six nights way from Summerslam and tonight both WWE Champions will be in action. C.M. Punk and John Cena will unify their titles on Sunday, and they make the match official with a contract signing on Raw. What else will be made for the biggest PPV of the summer? Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

I'm really hoping C.M. Punk walks out Sunday as Undisputed WWE Champion.

Uh-oh. I think I know where this is headed.

Cue the countdown to HHH vs. Punk. Hopefully that isn't also a countdown to "HHH winning and being WWE Champion".

Swagger can go when they let him. If he had a good manager, I think he'd be in the running for the WWE Title.

Some people wouldn't be happy unless Cena got beat up and lost every match. That being said, I think it would do him good to not be champion for a while again.

I was hoping for Miz to say that the cups were awesome because he was on one of them.

If Michael McGillicutty was a face and played off of his dad's last name, they could have used him in a big way at the 20th anniversary of that match with Bret Hart. Maybe against Tyson Kidd? But I don't think he's at a level that the fans would get behind him that highly. And it sets the bar pretty high for the match.

Ricardo Rodriguez is glorious.

I'm not really sure if facing Del Rio's supposed to mean Punk's a face now or not.

R-Truth's been heel for 4 months now? Wow.

R-Truth should do commentary with Booker T. on NXT. I can almost guarantee more people would watch for the "trainwreck" spectacle of it.

Mysterio vs. Miz should be a pretty big deal. But they could be looking to write Rey off for a bit with his knee issues returning.

It is a pretty big deal to get someone from The Voice at Summerslam. TNA should counter by trying to get Christina Aguilera to do the national anthem.

Awesome sneak attack by The Miz.

Nice coolface sign.

Great Miz promo. He SHOULD be on the Summerslam card.

In before A-Ri.

Oh. Well, apparently I goofed. A-Ri's tied up with Dolph now. And yes, I know WWE spells it A-Ry.

Miz is doing what now?

Oh, so I guess they'll be keeping Rey rested up 'til next Monday.

Hard to believe that that backbreaker/neckbreaker combo used to be Miz's finisher.

It is a little underwhelming that with 6 days left until the company's 2nd biggest show of the year, they only have 4 matches made.

Fun match. Kofi's not all that far from being a title contender.

I hope we don't see Triple H cost Punk the title on Sunday.

I wonder who the Little Jimmys would rather see win between two pretty clear heels.

Another pretty solid match.

And you thought we wouldn't see Gail and Melina on Raw anymore.

Not really feeling that Eve remix.

Someone get to work on Michael Cole as Wolverine.

Not a bad match at all. Good promo by Beth. I'm liking this turn for the Divas division.

I think that's the most fire and personality I've ever seen from Kelly Kelly.

I have no clue who some of those Teen Choice Awards people are.

So much for saving matches for Sunday.

That ending angle saved a so-so match and bad opening promo. A title rematch for Sunday would be obvious to set up here, but they've really been lax in announcing PPV matches lately.

What would Dolph do without Vickie? Character-wise that's the most over he's ever been.

Are they trying to kill Morrison? That was really brutal.

Good that they're previewing Smackdown.

Punk's a fun guy.

Awesome Cena promo. He can work both sides of the crowd.

Shootin' time on recent releases. Cue people wondering if they were really fired or not.

All in all, another solid Punk-Cena segment. It's a shame that it's the last one before Summerslam.

That's all for Raw. I'll be back tomorrow for NXT. A news post will be up later tonight. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment