Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 14, 2011

WWE Summerslam thoughts

Tonight's a big night for WWE. Between a No Holds Barred World Title match and a WWE Title Unification match, the very landscape of the company could change. The first pay-per-view of the Triple H Era is upon us! Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.
Tool and WWE together (sort of)? I like it. I like it a lot.

A bunch of talented Raw guys who weren't already in a match are put in a match. Fine by me.

And, as expected, a great match. These guys continue to be put on that gradually ascending rocket to the moon.

Didn't expect to see Stephanie. Fun segment, though.

This match is awesome so far. A good old slugfest. No weapons needed.

That was pretty good. It made sense to build to at least one more match between the two of them. This feud's big time.

Good promo by Christian.

Maybe this means the Bellas, Rosa, and Alicia will be on the face side against the DOD? Beth, Natalya, and Tamina as the dominant force of the division would be something to see.

Good match to continue the feud. I look forward to its continuance (and hopefully some of the other Divas "step up their game" at some point and look like legitimate contenders).

More interesting backstage segments.

Barrett and Bryan can GO. Loving this one.

I didn't really see that one coming from Edge, but I enjoyed it. That answers my question of  "how can you use Edge if he can't take bumps?"

This match has been pretty outstanding in its own right. Weapons and such look all the more brutal when you don't use them in as many matches.

Wow. WOW. They're going all out for this one.

Ah, nuts. Not really crazy about Orton being Champion again, but hopefully it's leading to something bigger (Orton vs. Henry at HIAC).

Solid technical wrestling here.

Not a big fan of HHH putting them back in the ring, but I can live with it as long as it isn't Pedigree City later on.

This is absolutely outstanding.

About as good of an ending as could be expected. This feud's too good not to continue.

If only they would have stopped there.. not really feeling that direction. Maybe this is to turn Punk face? I'm mostly willing to let this one play out, but I'm a little mystified by Step 1. Hmm. I'm certainly interested, though.

Well, that's it for Summerslam. I'll be back for Raw tomorrow. A news post will be up later.

No comments:

Post a Comment