Total Pageviews

Monday, August 8, 2011

TNA Hardcore Justice thoughts

TNA has nine matches on tap tonight, continuing the Bound For Glory Series and pitting Kurt Angle against Sting for the World Championship. Rivalries continue at the show, and titles are on the line. How will things turn out? Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

That started off well with them actually telling a story with Aries as the heel, bit then turned into a moves-fest and I kind of stopped caring. I used to love this kind of thing, but after the novelty of seeing a bunch of moves wore off, it began to feel more and more gimmicky. When it all moves so fast, none of it really means anything.

Anyway, it's the same old song and dance and I know it's not really going to change, so I might as well move on...

Tessmacher doesn't seem the type to being ok with disfiguring someone, but whatever. It's rare that someone's a face in TNA.

That was a pretty good match. A lot of things I didn't expect them to pull out.

Another nice match. Both guys really brought it. The difference between these past two matches and the first one is that the fans were expecting a bunch of highspots/big moves in the first one. And they were used more strategically to build things up instead of being rapid-fire.

A little random for Jerry Lynn to show back up.

The Knockouts Title match was a little overbooked at the end. Multiple interferences AND mist? Keep it simple.

That Kendrick-Aries segment was rushed. They could have saved it for later. You'd think two people who had taken that many moves would need more time to rest/recover.

They were doing a phenomenal job building up Crimson, and blew a good deal of it with that crappy ending. All that for (possibly) yet another round of RVD and Jerry Lynn? If I wanted to watch those guys face off, I'd check out some of their old ECW matches.

This one was all over the place, though I guess that makes sense with all of the different styles involved. I mostly liked it, though it got pretty heavy at the end. The bromance continues between Styles and Daniels, and somewhat surprisingly Immortal's the group with issues.

Pretty good promo from Bully Ray, who could be one of the most improved wrestlers of the year.

Heck of a start to this one.

Now, THAT was a match. They got pretty brutal there and told a great story in the process. Hats off to both of them.

Mostly solid match for the tag team titles. They seemed to be leading towards something with the recent "injuries" for Beer Money, but apparently I read too much into it. We'll see where things go from here, though I wonder what's left for the champions to accomplish? Who haven't they beaten? I think it's really coming time to do something new with them.

Heck of a technical wrestling match between these two. It seems like they've mostly still got it!

Great match, bad ending. I figured we'd get some BS here to lead to something else, but this wasn't the direction I thought they'd go in. They definitely like to be unpredictable in TNA.

And stop me if you've heard this one: TNA had some really great wrestling on the show, but that was brought down by some questionable booking. That's far too often the case with the company, going back pretty much for as long as I've followed them (and from the sounds of things, it's been something like that since day one).

I'll stop the complaints there, because it's pretty much  broken record at this point. That's all for Hardcore Justice. I'll be back tomorrow for Raw. A news post will be up within an hour. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment