Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Punk in FCW, updates on a number of FCW-WWE talents, Z! TLIS #36, Questions on Laurinaitis, the WWE Title, and Knockouts, and Cena in a Nick movie and on Smackdown.

C.M. Punk appeared at an FCW house show, wrestling the critically acclaimed Dean Ambrose in the main event. That link is a report of the show. It's a common practice for the other members of the roster and FCW students to be used as staff (putting up and taking down the ring and such as well) as part of the dues-paying process. Something similar was done on Tough Enough this season.

Also from that link: I'm thinking maybe Kaitlyn plugging NXT means we'll see more of her on there? I'd be great with that. She seems to be growing as a performer. I'm curious at how Brodus will do when he comes back. Very disappointed with Barreta's behavior if that's true. I've heard good things about everyone else. Never heard of Yuko. I'd like to see more of Ambrose, Aksana, Percy, Rollins, Clay, and Cesaro after hearing consistently good things about them.

Here's the belated 36th episode of Z! True Long Island Story. Not that I have room to talk! Great stuff as always. I love that this is working out for him and others in the company are playing along with it.

After the break, I go into the rest of the day's news and PWInsider.com questions.

There's nothing to add to 2, and there's nothing to say to 1 other than "no, I haven't". So for 3. I've called him Johnny Ace at times as well since it's a lot easier to spell and catchier to boot. That's actually how I first heard of him referred to as, though I never saw him compete or appear under that name.

4. I wish I could hate this question to death. It will undoubtedly change at some point, as it has a number o times over the decades. Cena's not going to be the top guy forever and at some point they'll decide to go with a different look for it.

5. Title IX doesn't apply to wrestling. They likely had other things they thought were more important. It happens.

John Cena was on a Nickelodeon movie on 10/22. Here's a video preview of it, and an interview with the movie's star. What... the... (censored) did I just watch? It's good for business and I guess that's what matters.

Also of note, Cena will be at the next edition of Smackdown. Hopefully not as WWE Champion.

That's all for Saturday's news. More to come tomorrow, including a preview of and coverage for Vengeance. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment