Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Santino interview, Punk slimed, Questions on the re-emergence of Matt Hardy, ECW names in the HoF, and Angle's claims, Jimmy Hart interview, Von Erich correction, and new wrestling books in the works

Santino Marella talked to WWE.com about his return from injury. Glad to hear he can still do the Cobra.

C.M. Punk did indeed get slimed at the Australian Kids' Choice Awards, along with the cast of iCarly.

On to the 10/8 questions sent to PWInsider.com:
1. As soon as they let him use YouTube. Seriously though, I hope rehab's going well for him and when we do see him he's changed for the better. I'm not sure if they'll let him do anything involving him being in the public eye while he's there.

After the break, I go into ECW Originals possibly getting into the WWE Hall of Fame, and the rest of the day's questions and news.

2. Honestly, I think we're a good ways from seeing the ECW crew making it in. In my eyes, there are still enough pre-'90s names to put in before we start looking at that section of wrestling history. Any decisions about them will likely be years down the line. I definitely can see some if not all of those names going in when it's "time" to recognize that era. I just don't think we'll see it any time soon.

3 and 4 are specific to them, but for 5. I've generally taken the stance of "guilty until proven innocent" in regards to some of his claims. In other words, I wait for other sources to comment before I take what he says at face value.

Jimmy Hart was interviewed. Fun read. He could very well have the most distinctive voice in wrestling history.

It turns out that Kevin Von Erich is NOT working on a book about World Class Championship Wrestling. The rumor was started by an impersonator on Twitter. I hate when that happens...

However, both Ivan Putski and Chavo Guerrero ARE working on books on their careers. We're going to need to start teaching wrestling history in college with all these books as the texts.

That's all for the news for 10/8. More to come after midnight. Thanks for reading and I apologize for being so far behind schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment