Total Pageviews

Monday, October 31, 2011

Raw thoughts- 10/31/11

Tonight's the Halloween edition of Monday Night Raw, so WWE could theoretically spook up just about anything. C.M. Punk, in costume as the Voice of the Voiceless looking for a WWE Championship match, goes one-on-one with the World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry, who will be in costume as the World's Strongest Man. If Punk get the win, he'll go to Survivor Series to take on Alberto Del Rio, who will be in costume as a Mexican aristocrat. All that and more, plus the Muppets guest star! Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

Seems a little odd to start the show off with something this big. I can see other sides to the argument, though.

I like it! Rock didn't just accept.

Intriguing! I love Rock's motivation here.

How is Rock back again if he "never left"?

And that's how you sell a PPV. Via satellite nonetheless.

Now I want to hear from Miz and Truth. They can get so much heat in this angle.

REALLY? This match could  be close to headlining WrestleMania and they're starting Raw with it? Dangerous practice.  There's a reason main events usually go last. Any match that follows is almost certainly going to pale in comparison.

Anyone dress like Laurinaitis for Halloween?

I was hoping he'd throw in Miz and R-Truth to stack the odds, but Punk needs to win here. I guess they could have done a DQ?

I like the Halloween tights from Punk.

You know, I kind of wanted there to be orange and black ropes tonight, but it could be argued that that wouldn't look good, and we need some serious looks to serious matches like Punk/Henry.

HAHAHAHAHA! Good heeling and didn't "give away" too much of Punk/Henry.

Cole vs. JR again? That is scary.

I never thought I'd be typing that the Muppets are on Raw. I seriously didn't know they were still around until the ads for the movie.

I wonder if we'll have a big John Cena reunion someday?

That's kind of creepy looking.

This one was a given.

This is simultaneously stupid and great.

Fun segment. Ridiculous and not as good for business as "serious" stuff, but I got a kick out of it.

Me gusta.

Where's Gail Kim to roll out of the ring when you need her?

If Aksana's in this, it will be her "main roster" debut if I'm not mistaken (i.e. not a rookie Diva).

Natural for Aksana.

HAHAHAHA. Cole. Kaitlyn scares me in that one.

Where's Maxine?

I like AJ's costume a lot. MIGHT top the TMNT ensemble from last year.

Not crazy about Alicia's costume.

You know, I'm ok with Eve winning. And her costume and music.

Kind of hard to take that standoff seriously.

Come on Sheamus. Here's your cue.

This is the stupidest thing. I love it.

Let's see, what's left? Statler and Waldorf on commentary of course, but I'm sure there are some other fun ones.

Cody and Wade in the same match is fine by me. Building new stars. It takes time.

Not feeling Wade's tights. They're not very intimidating.

Badass. The Barrett Barrage continues.

That was pretty solid. Maybe a 6-man tag at the PPV? But what does Orton do from here?

They look a bit different from how I remember them. Must be because the footage was on an older TV.

How many people get these Dynamic Dudes reference?

Laurinatis loves his texting, doesn't he?

This is also a match that should be a pretty big deal given their history and how high both are on the card right now.

When has Big Show ever looked crisp? (That one was too easy)

Ahh nuts. To be fair, Del Rio put up a good fight against someone who convincingly went up against the World's Strongest Man (who went on a tear for months).

Awesome stuff. I like this new push of Punk.

I wasn't as crazy about that Muppets segment.

This would have been a great time for Festus.

Ok then...

Not crazy about Ryder's new hair.

Ryder better make sure Stanford's not around to do to him what he did to his roommate.

Another fine match with these two. The undercard continues to strengthen.

Others on the roster should be trying to do what Ryder and Ziggler have done for their personas. I don't mean a YouTube show necessarily. I mean getting over whether WWE "wants you to" or not.Give ideas, etc.. Of course, it won't always pan out (Chris Masters), but it makes you more valuable.

Kevin Nash and Cole/JR. I'd rather see the Muppets. Hell, I think I'd rather see TNA.

Maybe JR finally quit? I doubt it.

Oh yeah, Hornswoggle with a Muppet. They had to do that one, too. Be glad Chavo isn't here. He'd be jobbing to Kermit.

Weird stuff. Just weird.

Statler and Waldorf should do commentary more often.

Miz needs to look like a credible threat here.

Kevin Nash signed his first WWE contract in 1993. Let that sink in for a second.

Saw it coming and I still loved it.

I think tapouts need to be more rare. That didn't look too good for Miz.

Why does Cena need Rock if he can dispose of both men on his own?

Things were going pretty well for that show until the last couple of segments.

That's all for Raw. I'll be back for NXT on Wednesday and a news post will be up later. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment