Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Smackdown thoughts- 10/21/11

We're two nights until Vengeance, where the World's Strongest Man will take on the Largest Athlete in the World for the World Heavyweight Championship. The final pieces of that show's puzzle will come into place tonight from Mexico City. Plus, Sin Cara will face off with Sin Cara in a Mask vs. Mask match! Who will have their face and identity exposed to the WWE Universe? All this and more on Smackdown. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.
Undertaker's in the opening a lot for someone who hasn't been on the show in seemingly forever.

That ring announcing had nothing on Ricardo's awesome intro.

I love the heel logic of Del Rio, and trying to get out of matches.

I was kind of hoping Del Rio would protest being in that match, but maybe this is a sign of a more confident and evil Del Rio. He'd have a tough time beating Cena in a Last Man Standing match otherwise.

The World Champion and WWE Champion being in the same ring isn't as big of a deal as it used to be, but it's still a pretty cool sight to me.

That World's Strongest Slam spot was pretty awesome.

Every time I see Morrison now, I think "what if this is the last time we see him in WWE?"

I think Morrison's about to join the Hall of Pain. He might even be Kozloved.

Yeah, things aren't looking too good for Morrison's career right now.

I like the story here. Sure, he's dominant against John Morrison, but what's he going to do against someone like Big Show?

I like the bilingual graphics.

Christian with Ziggler and Swagger works for me.

Nice matches added to Sunday. Both of those are clashes I want to see. They've got a good out out for Ziggler to lose the U.S. Title.

Pretty cool video package on the two Sin Caras.

Good promo from Barrett as always. I hope he's on his way to a consistent main event spot in time.

THIS NERD DOESN'T EVEN OWN A TV!!!

Barrett's got everything but experience I think.

That kick through the ropes spot was solid. Give this man a push. I'd like to see him face off with Big Show after the feud with Henry.

As MITB winner, I think we need to see more of Bryan on TV. He needs the chances to show he belongs in the main event at WrestleMania.

Can these two have a rematch on Sunday?

If I didn't think Bryan might end up directionless without it, I'd want them to give Barrett the briefcase.

I'm feeling that tag match. The younger guys can really get the rub from the main eventers.

Sheamus is on his way to something big I think.

I wonder how you say "woo woo woo, you know it" in Spanish.

Ziggler continues to work hard to rise above his size disadvantage.

I guess Marcelo is replacing Hugo?

Hahaha, G. I. Bro references. Nice.

Ziggler's a great heel. I don't know what he needs to grow into a higher place on the card.

I've struck out in softball...

Actually Cole had a tag match alongside Lawler years back. I think that was the night Mike Adamle became Raw GM.

Too much BS on commentary.

Ziggler's been the human pinball lately. Talk about a talent who needs to be protected.

Would it really be that hard to record something new over that gaffe by Josh?

Rhodes is just a really weird character right now.

Remember when everyone thought DiBiase would be the one to break out from Legacy?

They've really got a chance to do something big with Rhodes on Sunday. I'm not saying he should go over, but he should at least look like he's in Orton's league.

I remember when Orton was an Intercontinental Champion with a bright future working with names higher up on the card. And look where he is now.

Rhodes looked like kind of a chump here, as opposed to a legitimate threat.

I'm really liking Evil Sin Cara. That suspension ended up with quite the silver (and black) lining.

How crazy is it that Michael Cole's calling a lucha match? Wouldn't have called that one years back.

It sure is flippy in here.

Weird submission move.

I like that Sin Cara II is trying to slow things down and dominate.

Dear God, this commentary is terrible.

There are some rough spots here. That can happen when you get really fancy.

Can Booker follow Hugo out of announcing? I think I might rather have Adamle back.

LA MISTICA!!!

Fine match for the most part. Kind of spot heavy, but that's what the Mexican crows probably wanted.

I'm glad they went with that finish. Sin Cara II got to be heelish but the stipulation still went down. I hope he sticks around as either Hunico or under his "real name" (a trademarked one).

I'm ok with the more "soft" promo by the self-styled Sisters of Salvation.

Eve cut a good promo!? Who knew she had it in her (since we never hear her speak seriously)?

Didn't really expect that to go that way. Could be a set up for a big beatdown on Sunday.

Seems like Show's in better shape than he was when he left. Good.

Hilarious line by Cole. He can do it every once in a while.

Ricardo's pretty entertaining on Twitter.

The hashtag talk's a little silly.

One good thing about showing the Twitter names is that posers will find it a good deal harder to impersonate the wrestlers. It'll still happen a LOT on Facebook, though.

Ricardo's great at ringside with the towel.

If Del Rio can't beat Big Show for a 3 count, how's he going to beat John Cena for a 10 count?

Del Rio's looking a bit more outmatched than I'd like to see.

Ok, we get it, Big Show's dominant.

There we go! TAP! TAP! TAP!

I'm booing too.

#@^&%*!!! Show just KO'd 2 of the top acts in wrestling. The man who went on a tear for months just went out to one punch!

We'll see where this goes on Sunday I suppose.

That's all for Smackdown. I'll be back Sunday for Vengeance, and a news post will be up later in the day. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment